Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Have used Xara for years. I'm now having problems with getting the Xarafont.fon installed. Windows won't allow it to be added. Same file from newly downloaded XaraX gives same results. I have a lot of fonts installed & removed a dozen or so & still can't get the font added. Any ideas?
    IP

Have used Xara for years. I'm now having problems with getting the Xarafont.fon installed. Windows won't allow it to be added. Same file from newly downloaded XaraX gives same results. I have a lot of fonts installed & removed a dozen or so & still can't get the font added. Any ideas?
    IP

Your title implies that you're not sure whether Xarafont is the issue. If it's missing, Xara will tell you so.

If you're using Win95 (or just a FAT16 file system) there is a relatively low limit to how many actual font files you can have in the Fonts directory, especially if the files (not the fonts) use long file names. I've found that when this happens to other directories you have to remove quite a lot before it becomes usable again. I haven't tried it, but defragmenting might help.

A longer term solution is to move the font files into subfolders then re-install them with Copy fonts to Fonts folder unchecked.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean
    IP

Just occasionally, when using Xara 2, the font which displays the details (e.g. the x and y coordinates, scaling and rotation etc.,) of the currently selected object becomes elongated and is barely readable - it looks like text printed very tall so that it can be read from a slanted angle. The only way to recover it is to reboot windows, so it seems likely to be a Windows problem - any ideas?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2" color="#FF0000">robings
    </font>
    IP