Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Here is a first attempt of a site Im doing for a friend, and as you can see, no nav bars or menu's...

http://www.prowebsuk.co.uk/home.html

Can anyone see what Im doing wrong?

I read in another post that a seperate file is required for EACH page, each with its own java files and graphics...Well...I only have one folder, and 'saved as' when creating the same menu's and nav bars for the other pages.

If this is wrong, then...

1) Why does the site display perfectly on my PC before I upload

2) Does it mean that I have to go back to the very start and create these menus and nav bars individually for EACH of the 10 or so pages?

I'm really stuck here....can anyone please help?

Thanks

Here is a first attempt of a site Im doing for a friend, and as you can see, no nav bars or menu's...

http://www.prowebsuk.co.uk/home.html

Can anyone see what Im doing wrong?

I read in another post that a seperate file is required for EACH page, each with its own java files and graphics...Well...I only have one folder, and 'saved as' when creating the same menu's and nav bars for the other pages.

If this is wrong, then...

1) Why does the site display perfectly on my PC before I upload

2) Does it mean that I have to go back to the very start and create these menus and nav bars individually for EACH of the 10 or so pages?

I'm really stuck here....can anyone please help?

Thanks

Hi.
    After a quick look at your page, it seems your are calling your Navbars from a temp folder on your local machine instead of form this folder on your server:-
    Quality Paints_page1_files

best regards.
    Jim

Freebit, THANK YOU SO MUCH......In fact, I had already looked at the code, but I just missed it, very shoddy!!

Strange though, why all my "saved" images and jaza files were saved into a temp file on my HD.

Is this a programming error? I had to find this folder within the temp file, copy all the files over then re-direct the code to enable this to work. That can't be how Xara intended this to work surely? Or did I do something wrong at the beginning? I can't recall I did.

Anyway, thanks again for opening my eyes, thats 2 days of stress and anger washed away in an instant.

Hi.
    Glad to be of help, hope you can sort it now.
    Not sure why it saved your graphics to a temp folder, haven't had that problem myself.
    I always save a project first, then make sure it saves the files into that project.

best regards.
    Jim

Hello,

Looked at the site above, and it looks great! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif I too have been having quite a few problems with Webstyle reading tmp files. I've found that deleting all tmp files off my machine definately helps, and I would hope that the creators of this program did not intend it to work that way. I've wrote tech help about it twice now, and hope they listen, because it really causes a bunch needless work on this end. Just my other two cents!

Thanks,
    Michelle

I have had this problem too.
    When you save your Xara Navbars, there are a few files being saved.Assume you save your navigation bars as a file called NavBars
    A Xaramenu file is automatically saved to the top directory.
    You will also have a NavBars file (this is JavaScript), and a series of gif or jpg files (these are the actual buttons that make up the NavBar).
    You will be given the choice where to save these files make sure you tell Xara where to save the graphics files (i.e. the gif and jpg).
    If you don't it tend to put them in an obscure temp folder.
    Hence you don't upload the temp folder because you tend not to know which one contains the Xara graphic files. And you get no navbars on your active web site.

If I can be of any further assistance please come back to me.

Brian
    Angel View Graphics