Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Ref the previous subject "2 Corels on 1 computer?" I installed Corel 11 Suite with no difficulties. I later customized a number of settings in Draw & PP 11 and turned off the color mgmt. After the 3rd day I unstalled Trace 9 and Capture 9. I was able to use Draw/PP/Capture/Trace 11 with no problems. However on the 6th day whilst using Draw 11, the program crashed with the following error message---

Error Signature
    AppName:coreldrw.exe
    Appver:11.633.0.0 ModName:cdrsty100.dll
    ModVer:11.633.0.0 Offset:000096a5

I "sent" the report off to Microsoft. The other Corel 11 applications still functioned properly - not Draw 11. The same error message appeared every single time I tried to select a choice in the start up screen.

Through the "add/remove programs" function I did a "repair"...to no avail. Rebooted. Downloaded Corel 11 SP1 and installed it. Rebooted...to no avail. Removed Corel 11 suite from my computer; manually changed file associations back to the appropriate Corel 9 programs. Installed Corel 11 suite and immediately rebooted. Installed SP1. Rebooted. Opened Draw 11, selected "open new drawing" and that same bloody error message popped up. PP/Capture/Trace 11 all functioned perfectly. Strangely enough, CARM was always activated, but it never opened during each crash. I then "restored" my computer to the pre-11 state and I am once again using my ever reliable Corel 9 suite.

Has anyone had perplexing, similar problems with the Draw portion of Corel's latest & greatest? Any ideas or suggestions? Do I dare attempt to install Corel 11 again? I dread the thought of having to phone Corel Tech Support!
    IP

Ref the previous subject "2 Corels on 1 computer?" I installed Corel 11 Suite with no difficulties. I later customized a number of settings in Draw & PP 11 and turned off the color mgmt. After the 3rd day I unstalled Trace 9 and Capture 9. I was able to use Draw/PP/Capture/Trace 11 with no problems. However on the 6th day whilst using Draw 11, the program crashed with the following error message---

Error Signature
    AppName:coreldrw.exe
    Appver:11.633.0.0 ModName:cdrsty100.dll
    ModVer:11.633.0.0 Offset:000096a5

I "sent" the report off to Microsoft. The other Corel 11 applications still functioned properly - not Draw 11. The same error message appeared every single time I tried to select a choice in the start up screen.

Through the "add/remove programs" function I did a "repair"...to no avail. Rebooted. Downloaded Corel 11 SP1 and installed it. Rebooted...to no avail. Removed Corel 11 suite from my computer; manually changed file associations back to the appropriate Corel 9 programs. Installed Corel 11 suite and immediately rebooted. Installed SP1. Rebooted. Opened Draw 11, selected "open new drawing" and that same bloody error message popped up. PP/Capture/Trace 11 all functioned perfectly. Strangely enough, CARM was always activated, but it never opened during each crash. I then "restored" my computer to the pre-11 state and I am once again using my ever reliable Corel 9 suite.

Has anyone had perplexing, similar problems with the Draw portion of Corel's latest & greatest? Any ideas or suggestions? Do I dare attempt to install Corel 11 again? I dread the thought of having to phone Corel Tech Support!
    IP

An update to my exasperating dilemma...I reinstalled Corel Graphics Suite 11. PP, Trace and Capture all functioned without a glitch; but Draw 11 still crashed with every choice made in the opening Welcome Screen. The details in the error report always showed a problem with "cdrsty110.dll". (With Microsoft's latest OS the dreaded "blue screen of death" has vanished, however we users are still encountering "DLL HELL")

I finally called Corel, but the Support Technician was unable to resolve this bloody problem. The parting suggestion was to remove everything Wacom, because "there have been NUMEROUS conflicts between Corel and Wacom tablets."

I uninstalled the Wacom application and removed my Intuos tablet. Even after several manipulations, Draw 11 still crashed.

I called Corel Support a second time - the technician guided me through various "fixes" - all to no avail. Corel again pointed the finger to Wacom. I was told to phone Wacom Tech Support for help to remove any lingering files in my system.

Another long distance call! The Wacom tech helped me erase all vestiges of the tablet's programs/drives. Draw 11 still crashed. According to Wacom, there have been "MINIMAL conflicts between Wacom tablets and Corel." The final apologetic recommendation was to go back to Corel for help.

After using Corel 3, 4, 5 and 7 over the years, I am back with my stable, reliable Corel 9 Graphics Suite. Corel 11 has been banished with great disappointment.

Up to now this latest & greatest upgrade has been an expensive failure. There is a $200 cardboard box filled with useless CDs and various manuals sitting on a shelf in a closet. I anticipate my next long distance phone bill will be a shocker.

Any tips? Any suggestions? Any words of encouragement?

A.D.

P.S. Thanks to the moderators of this forum for allowing me to moan and vent.
    IP