Ref the previous subject "2 Corels on 1 computer?" I installed Corel 11 Suite with no difficulties. I later customized a number of settings in Draw & PP 11 and turned off the color mgmt. After the 3rd day I unstalled Trace 9 and Capture 9. I was able to use Draw/PP/Capture/Trace 11 with no problems. However on the 6th day whilst using Draw 11, the program crashed with the following error message---

Error Signature
AppName:coreldrw.exe
Appver:11.633.0.0 ModName:cdrsty100.dll
ModVer:11.633.0.0 Offset:000096a5

I "sent" the report off to Microsoft. The other Corel 11 applications still functioned properly - not Draw 11. The same error message appeared every single time I tried to select a choice in the start up screen.

Through the "add/remove programs" function I did a "repair"...to no avail. Rebooted. Downloaded Corel 11 SP1 and installed it. Rebooted...to no avail. Removed Corel 11 suite from my computer; manually changed file associations back to the appropriate Corel 9 programs. Installed Corel 11 suite and immediately rebooted. Installed SP1. Rebooted. Opened Draw 11, selected "open new drawing" and that same bloody error message popped up. PP/Capture/Trace 11 all functioned perfectly. Strangely enough, CARM was always activated, but it never opened during each crash. I then "restored" my computer to the pre-11 state and I am once again using my ever reliable Corel 9 suite.

Has anyone had perplexing, similar problems with the Draw portion of Corel's latest & greatest? Any ideas or suggestions? Do I dare attempt to install Corel 11 again? I dread the thought of having to phone Corel Tech Support!