Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Well I purchased this software yesterday and spent 8 hrs downloading pictures so I could take them to my son in Charleston tomorrow.
    I am not a pro just a gram that loves to take pictures of her family. I am new to digitals having just purchased the Minolta Z5.
    I am turning to professionals for help as it seems I have been unsuccessful getting help from Photo Impact.

Moved pictures from My Documents which I had on file, added special effects and framing around the pictures, Saved as (gave them new names), replaced ole picture. When I open the file to look for the pictures, I have the new name but the original picture. When I click on the picture, the new version appears. Today I copied these pictures onto a cd using Sonic Burn and carried them to print. I thought the new versions would be present. WRONG!!! All the pictures were originals not the new revised with all the neat special effects and framing.

QUESTIONS
    How can I download from my camera to this software. When I click on digital cancel, nothing is highlighted.

How can I send pictures with special effects to my cd without having to go through another software. I would love to be able to delete most of this software if possible.

How can I get the special effects and framing to remain on the pictures when they go to the cd?

I have scanned the book, gone on line, called technical help and emailed tech. I have heard from email tech (no results yet), spoken with tech (asked me to email him a pix, which I did. Expected a return call but it has been 5 hrs so I guess that was a waste)

Please help me. This looks like just the program that I want and need BUT if I cannot download from my digital camera, can't send directly to a cd and the pictures will not retain the special effects then I will need to return it.

Thanks in advance for your prompt response to my numerous questions. Jen
    IP

Jen

So you are downloading from the camera just fine? As per pages 102 onwards...
    http://kmpi.konicaminolta.us/eprise/main/kmpi/content/c...nts/DiMAGE_Z5_Ea.pdf

Try saving your treated versions to a different folder. Does that get you anywhere?
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    IP