Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: LeMans

Stage one, the body is finished. Now I will work
    on the interior of the car building the dash board, the safety cage and other details.
    This image is now updated. Flamingo rendering is not easy and not fast but I've seen some really good renders with it.Must study more.

Emanuel Brito

[This message was edited by Emanuel on July 22, 2003 at 06:34.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	windcutter6.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	19638  

Stage one, the body is finished. Now I will work
    on the interior of the car building the dash board, the safety cage and other details.
    This image is now updated. Flamingo rendering is not easy and not fast but I've seen some really good renders with it.Must study more.

Emanuel Brito

[This message was edited by Emanuel on July 22, 2003 at 06:34.]

Hi emel... I like the concept, though I feel that where the windshield meets the roof could use some work... also, something about the mirrors...

looking very cool thus far, can't wait to see some updates

Strata still ?

Gidgit,

This is not easy man. The renderer (Flamingo) is
    not easy to master and rendering times take ages.
    This is more what I have in mind. Hope you like it more.

Emanuel Brito

Hi Emel... it wasn't the renders I was talking about, but rather the modeling... just up on top of the windshield... like the windshield is down to low to the hieght of the roof... like it is inset two inches (real life scale )

hey man, what do I know? haha, you be ten times the modeler that I am... in fact I sort of feel strange giving you any tips at all because how much you blow me away... but... my eyes still tell me that the windshield should be perhaps 1/2 inch below the roof level and no mo...

as for renders... yea, I feel for ya for sure... when I read on other forums whereby folks are using POV or others, and reading on how difficult they are to use I stear right away... learning to box was hard enough, but to do the render thing I will stick to the C4D v8.1 trial version... there is no time limit on it, just can't save is all... or use for commercial purposes... hey, no problem... model in Wings and do the final smooth and renders in C4D... they are only for snapshots anyhoo eh

I takes my hat off to you Emanuel... you are one persistant and dedicated artist...

Car looks great, I only wish ... that I was driving it that is

have a good one eh