Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Using the menu: MODIFY | ARRANGE | SEND TO BACK in Flash 5 doesn't seem to be working for what I have. My animation is a bicycle; I made animations for the wheels/spokes so that they turn just fine. Obviously the pedals need to be turning too ... which would be no problem for one side ... but the pedal on the other side of the bike is UP when this side is DOWN. So when the far side pedal should be hidden by the frame of the bike, I want to arrange it to the back. Is that describing things well enough?

Clicking on this however has no effect. The MC's for the wheels are on one layer (irrelevent) and the frame for the bike is on another layer. Should the pedals be on a third layer or same layer as the frame I need to hide one behind?

T.I.A.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Paul Brustas
    www.brustasconsulting.com
    www.cdbizzcard.com
    IP

Using the menu: MODIFY | ARRANGE | SEND TO BACK in Flash 5 doesn't seem to be working for what I have. My animation is a bicycle; I made animations for the wheels/spokes so that they turn just fine. Obviously the pedals need to be turning too ... which would be no problem for one side ... but the pedal on the other side of the bike is UP when this side is DOWN. So when the far side pedal should be hidden by the frame of the bike, I want to arrange it to the back. Is that describing things well enough?

Clicking on this however has no effect. The MC's for the wheels are on one layer (irrelevent) and the frame for the bike is on another layer. Should the pedals be on a third layer or same layer as the frame I need to hide one behind?

T.I.A.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Paul Brustas
    www.brustasconsulting.com
    www.cdbizzcard.com
    IP

Well here is what I would do, I would actually make two separate movie clips for the pedals. Have them both rotate the same way in the animation, except opposite eachother. Meaning that if the pedal closest to you is all the way to the top in frame 5 and all the way to the bottom in frame 10, then I would make the pedal farthest from you (behind the bike) be all the way to the bottom of its rotation on frame 5 and all the way to the top on frame 10. You will have to change the center point of the movie clip so when you rotate the pedal, it will rotate where it is supposed to. You know what I mean? Ok well once you get this figured out, you need to have the back pedal, (the one farthest away from you), be on its own layer below the bike frame layer and the pedal closest to you has to be on its own layer above the bike frame layer.
    If these two movie clips of the pedals are the same in frame length, and are aligned on the main stage with thier center points together (remember, you had to move the center points to the axis of the pedal) Then these two movie clips should work together to look like two pedals rotating the way pedals rotate.

OK, I know how Flash can piss a person off
    and I don't know how confusing that was, but if you can't figure it out by this explanation, close your eyes, take ten deep breathes and hope that someone else can explain things a little better. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT THROW YOUR COMPUTER ON THE GROUND AND START SMASHING IT. That might feel kinda good, but it won't prove anything.
    Later, Nicholas
    IP

My goodness, when you stop and think about it, that could be a tough one to explain. But I think you did it Nicholas.

Good to see you here Paul!

Scott (Stinger)
    IP