Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: unshaven

awe-inspiring protrait. I think it actually qualifies as a sculpture, done in two dimensions. So expressive!

Thanks for sharing, not only the great image but the .xar file for deconstruction as well.

Glen.
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don’t.

Not only am I astounded by your talent, but I'm humbled by your speed. Truly amazing!

You are very gracious to allows an inside look at one of your source drawings. Thank you so much.

Don't ever apologize for your English. It should be us who apologize for our lack of Russian. <smile>

Keep up the wonderful work Vladimyr. Its a pleasure being a part of this forum with you.

Phillip
    --
    Phillip

Another great image Vladimyr.

I don't know how you do it?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Hello, All,

I had try to make a lesson about sketch of woman fase. If you can understand my English, you can see that on http://swm-free.mailru.com/gallery/tutorial/index_e.htm

Best regards.
    Vladimyr.

That tutorial of yours is just fabulous! Your use of English is just fine, and the illustrations make the process very clear. Gary would be very wise to seek your permission to post this as a guest tutorial in the XaraXone.

I am thinking of using your portraiture technique to make Xara "sculptures" of family members and friends to give to them as gifts for special occasions, or to use on greeting cards I send them. What a wonderful technique you have devised!

Thanks again,
    Glen.

[moderator edit -- Glen, I edited in Vladimyr's name. By mistake you had someone else's name. - Ross]
    Thanks Ross, you saved me some unnecessary embarrassment. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on April 19, 2002 at 07:22.]

[This message was edited by GroWeb on April 19, 2002 at 10:16.]
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don’t.

... Ahhhrgh! You can SPLIT the work area in two?!?!!!! Fantastic tutorial Vladimyr! You make it look so easy! I think you inspire a lot of Xarians to push themselves to try new things.

I had no idea that you coule split the work area! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Please, I can't figure it out... how do you do it?

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Vladimyr, Thanks for the detailed and easy to follow instructions. Your efforts are appreciated.

Risto - What's happening is two documents are open in xara. Normally one such document fills the application window - and you can toggle between different open documents by choosing them from the 'window' menu. It looks like Vladimyr has created a seperate document for reference containing the photo. To see both at once use the 'arrange' command in the 'window' menu. If you want, you can then resize and reposition the documents by dragging.

Another interesting feature in xara is that using the 'window' menu you can create multiple views of one document. They too can be arranged in the xara application window. You can have different zooms and quality settings (ie one can be a wireframe view) for each view. Because the are views to the same document, what changes you make in one appear in the other (with the exception of zooming & the quality settings). At first I thought Vladimyr had created such views to a single document. That however doesn't allow you to see different layers in each view - hence I believe he was working with two documents. Doing so you must zoom/pan each document seperately - which shouldn't be a problem for anyone as it is perhaps the most intuitive approach anyways.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

That is certainly a much easier and quicker method than doing it freehand as I have---ok people, there's no excuse now not to try it!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    This way removes the main difficulty of getting the features right, so results will be very good.
    Thanks Vladimyr for your work and efforts to bring this to us!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Thanks for showing everyone how to do portraits using your methods.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

this thread desearves it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Vladimyr, thank you ever so much for the tips and tricks to do a good, perspective portrait. So that's how you do it, eh??? Never even thought about that.

I am, right now, printing the tutorial out and will cherish it and use it and learn from it. Your English is just fine and totally understandable [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks ever so much for taking the time to do this for us [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Is that Meg Ryan???

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---