Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: unshaven

... the real deal, Vladimyr! A truly exceptional artist! How long does it take you to create something like this?

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

You make me laugh Valdimyr! Great work, I love the eyes.
    I can picture the actor in my mind, but couldn't give you a name or a movie he's been in. But hs looks soo much like this actor I've seen before!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

I completely agree with the tutorial idea! I know it would take many hundred tutorials for me to come close to that standard, but I would love to know how you work Vladimyr....

Go on, teach me OB1.

Aggy.

Hi Vladimyr,

Your "Sketch" is equal to many people's life achievements. Excellent image. I'm reminded of Adrian Paul, the actor that portrayed Duncan MacLoud in the TV series "The Highlander".

I would love to see a tutorial of how you achieve such realism in your images.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thank you very much friends for your so kind words!

aggy - "Can you tell me, do you work from reference? Do you hand sketch the work before rendering it in Xara?" Sometime I have the previous sketch, sometime haven't. This image I made from scanned photo. This photo was the reference for this work.

Joe Skeesick - "Have you descrived you technique in prior threads or better yet made any of your Xara file available for disection?" OK, I sending this image in XaraX-source. I hope that help you to understand the my way of work.

Ross Macintosh - "Is that you? "
    Soquili - "I'm reminded of Adrian Paul, the actor that portrayed Duncan MacLoud in the TV series "The Highlander"."

No :-) It was just photo of some actor JIM CAVIEZEL. I like this photo and tryed to copy it in XaraX.

Crow Haven - "People here are going to be asking you to do a tutorial "
    RAMWolff - "I second Maya's request. Time for tutorial from you or did you do one for us yet???? "
    aggy - "I completely agree with the tutorial idea! "

I'll try to make next picture in step by step process. Unfortunately, my English is very bad, yet I hope. But I'll try.

Risto Klint - "How long does it take you to create something like this?" I have spent about 2-3 hours at this.

Best regards.
    Vladimyr.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thats very generous of you to offer up your file like that. Its much appreciated Vladimyr.

Can't wait to see a tutorial. If you have too much trouble with the English I have a number of Russian friends that could be talked into translating things for you.

J

Another wonderful image Vladimyr. I have learned from your other posts and look forward to your "step by step" lesson too.

You English works well for me. Thanks for making the effort to do it.

Bob C.

Your explanations are good--don't worry about your English!!! We are all looking forward to your tut!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

that pretty awesome
    please keep them coming

... "sketch" Vladimyr, the eyes are really expressive. As usual brilliant work!

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!