Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am working on a presentation for a company and need to know how to set up and autorun file to make the .exe file start on its own. To make matters worse, I also need to know how to make the screen resolution automatically adjust to 800x600 before the presentation starts. I have seen this done with CD's but never knew how it worked. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

BTW: I love the new main page of Talkgraphics.com.
    IP

I am working on a presentation for a company and need to know how to set up and autorun file to make the .exe file start on its own. To make matters worse, I also need to know how to make the screen resolution automatically adjust to 800x600 before the presentation starts. I have seen this done with CD's but never knew how it worked. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

BTW: I love the new main page of Talkgraphics.com.
    IP

I also need autorun. There are downloadable progs on the net I have yet to find one with ease of use. Or I believe it is just a short code you can write in notepad and save as an ini. file.
    To ensure correct screen size, use the full screen command. Right click in first frame (any) use FS Command. In the box type FullScreen. Then in argument type True. I hope this helps
    IP

Thanks for your input emkaydist but the reason I need to change the resolution of the monitor is because this presentation contains some bitmapped images and if the monitor is not set to 800x600 they become slightly distorted. If it didn't contain these images, the FS Command "Fullscreen" would be fine. So if anyone has any ideas on this, let me know.

As for the autorun, I did find a tutorial on Flashkit that shows how to do this.

1. Open up trusty ol' Notepad and type in.

[autorun]
    open=intro.exe
    icon=icon.ico

2. Replace 'intro.exe' with the file name of your .exe movie, and 'icon.ico' with the name of your custom icon if you have one. If not remove the line 'icon=icon.ico'.

3. Save type as an "All Files (*.*)" with the filename autorun.inf.

4. Burn your cd with the autorun.inf, icon.ico (if any), and projector .exe in the root directory of the cd. When you enter the cd into the drive, it will automatically run your .exe file.

Thanks,
    IP

if you want to set the resolution, it's not currently possible to do so in Flash. The most logical solution if you're working with Flash 4 is to use Director to do it. It can set the resolution using the DirectOS Xtra (I'm sure there are other Xtras that do it, too - BuddyAPI probably does it) and you can display your Flash file accordingly. You should be careful if you're doing this, though, since users who have their screens set to lower than your preferred resolution may run into problems if you try and set the resolution for them - mainly, their bit depth may not be high enough to handle your stuff at the higher resolution. There are a number of issues to watch out for, but as a general rule with Flash projectors: don't bother trying to set the screen size. It's more of a hassle than it's generally worth.

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    <font face="arial" size="2">
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    Senior Web Designer
    http://www.blab.com
    </font>
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO