Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Fellow Xara X Users

I suppose that all of us lack some aspect of the creative art process.

Bill, along with many others, brings to this forum a level of skill and competency that we would all do well to emulate. This is in no small part due to his formal training, innate skills and persistence.
    I have seen some highly successful and enjoyable pieces in this forum over the past year, plus much in the archives.

The one thing I encourage us all to do is - our best.

The rest is again a matter of persistence and a willingness to submit to the art process as a perpetual student.

I hope we can all look at each others work with eyes of kindness and keep the "flames" abated for more serious life issues.

This forum has a flavor of freindship that I personally would not like to see tarnished.

Thank You for your time and attention....

Now on with the process!

Wayne D

Very good indeed - instantly recognisable.

I wish I could capture the essence of a face without getting caught up in trying to achieve photographic realism. Essential skills for being a cartoonist which I just don't have!

--
    Graeme
    Graeme

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I too appreciate the spontaneous character of your movie-star cowboy portraits. It is inspiring to me to see evocative drawings that convey a spirit of fun and a clear joy of drawing.

I'm rusty on my art history but there was an early twentieth century art movement (a minor one) called, if I recall correctly, "The Eight" led by Robert Henri. Henri promoted a spontanious recording of real life subjects. He said something to the effect that the goal should be to create the greatest painting ever in 20 minutes. Although inspired by the Impressionists, The Eight might be described as anti-intellectuals who worked at capturing their subjects' essence rather than an academic approach to realism. I've often wished to be as free and full of life as Henri promoted.

Bill's fluid style and Risto's mastery of geometrics both inspire me in a similar way. I greatly admire that look of spontanaity, vitality, and joyful fun. Thanks Bill! (and Risto too of course).

Regards, Ross

PS - Eric I don't think I'm jealous of anyone's abilities. I try not to measure myself against others. I don't want to grow up a bitter old fart - I'd rather be a happy one on that "Road to nowhere". [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] - Regards

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on October 08, 2002 at 16:41.]