Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello all,
    A bit of a strange issue here. I've created a site using Webstyle template pages and navbars. I created the navbars early on when I started the site. All is working properly...that is, when previewed locally in a browser and when uploaded and viewed online the navbars appear and work correctly.

However, when I open the pages in FP2002 the navbars do not appear! I need to edit these navbars now (to update some links) but I'm not sure how to edit them when I can't see them in FP 2002. If I remember correctly, when I first started the site the navbars appeared in the editor and I would simply right click and "edit in Webstyle"...any suggestions?

I started with Webstyle 3 and upgraded to 4. I don't remember exactly, but I believe the navbars were originally created in 3. Could this be the issue? Thanks much.

Hello all,
    A bit of a strange issue here. I've created a site using Webstyle template pages and navbars. I created the navbars early on when I started the site. All is working properly...that is, when previewed locally in a browser and when uploaded and viewed online the navbars appear and work correctly.

However, when I open the pages in FP2002 the navbars do not appear! I need to edit these navbars now (to update some links) but I'm not sure how to edit them when I can't see them in FP 2002. If I remember correctly, when I first started the site the navbars appeared in the editor and I would simply right click and "edit in Webstyle"...any suggestions?

I started with Webstyle 3 and upgraded to 4. I don't remember exactly, but I believe the navbars were originally created in 3. Could this be the issue? Thanks much.

Come on now...there are no support people here who can give me advice on this issue?

can you provide the address of where the web page can be viewed to allow people to view your source code.

Sound as if you have either ammended the html inserted in your page associated with the navbar or the navbar was inserted manually and not via the insert menu of FrontPage

Hello Bb2,
    Thanks much for the response. I can certainly provide a link to the live pages if needed, but will specifiy here they are of adult nature. If this forum has no trouble with posting links to adult sites I will provide the link. Let me know.

However, I can tell you for sure nothing in the code has been changed. I should have specified earlier that I didn't just create the navbars. I used one of the template sets in Webstyle, and that template set included the navbar already (theme). So, I didn't create the page and then insert the nav bar. I started with one of the themes, which already had the navbar, and then just edited the links of the navbar. Again, the problem isn't when previewed locally in a browser, or even online. In both of those cases the navbar shows correctly and does work. My problem is now when I open these pages in my editor, the navbars do not appear, so I don't know how to edit the links if I can't see the navbar to edit. When I first started the site the navbars appeared in the editor and I would right click and edit. Thanks again for your assistance.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif I have a lot of problems with my navbars not appearing in FP2003 but I do have a broken image (sort of) symbol where the navbar is supposed to be. I just doubleclick on the broken symbol and edit the navbar as normal.

I think you should be able to doubleclick any WS object instead of right clicking and then clicking editing with webstyle.

FP-User,
    Thanks for the info, however I show no broken graphic symbol. The area where the navbars reside is just blank, like there is nothing there. I would be glad to post screenshots of what the pages look like in FP2003, as well as what the pages look like live, but I don't want to expose any minors here to the adult content. I guess I just need to contact Xara support directly.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/cool.gif I don't want to me seen taling to you. Check out this post of posts. A big part of the problem is when you get off on the wrong foot when you created the very first graphic.

http://207.68.162.250/cgi-bin/linkrd...66%23720106166

This is a problem in the Mozilla COMPOSER also.

JG