Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just recv'd/installed CD11.633 and for the life of me cannot find how to change the offset for the duplicate ctrl/D to 0 (zero).

I would also like to find out how to do the 'old' style of blend with a button on the menu bar. I have yet to master the flyout version with the drag feature. I guess I'm too old to learn dragging even though I'm 'dragging' behind in updates/new features.

Also this version seems to be somewhat unstable as I shift between editing bitmaps. I am continualy getting a wizard. Can't remember the name something about the pgm. becoming unstable. Trying to save 'which it never does' and then totally bombing.

I love the cutout in the PP portion. That's what sold me on this version in the first place. But the instability is giving me fits.

Thanks for any help.

Drats, forgot to check email option here.
    IP

I just recv'd/installed CD11.633 and for the life of me cannot find how to change the offset for the duplicate ctrl/D to 0 (zero).

I would also like to find out how to do the 'old' style of blend with a button on the menu bar. I have yet to master the flyout version with the drag feature. I guess I'm too old to learn dragging even though I'm 'dragging' behind in updates/new features.

Also this version seems to be somewhat unstable as I shift between editing bitmaps. I am continualy getting a wizard. Can't remember the name something about the pgm. becoming unstable. Trying to save 'which it never does' and then totally bombing.

I love the cutout in the PP portion. That's what sold me on this version in the first place. But the instability is giving me fits.

Thanks for any help.

Drats, forgot to check email option here.
    IP

I applied the service pack 1 for the suite and still having the same unstable problem. Could not even send the report to Corel after trying to read the report... hmmmmm
    IP

Tools/options/document/rulers is where you set the nudge and duplicate distances, or feed the values into the context sensitve toolbar area with nothing selected and tools/save settings as default.

Don't understand the blend thing, interactive blend has been around since V7 at least. The docker/roll-up is still there windows/dockers/blend

Sorry to hear about stability issues, by and large I am having few problems with Draw. When editing bitmaps are you editing them from within Draw and right clicking to pass it to photo-paint? This is something I do quite often, I have found some bugs but not stability issues.

I would try

1. In Draw - tools/options/workspace/general, uncheck enable roll over preview, it is a real resource hog and has no value to my mind.

2. In Windows - control panel/ display/ settings/ advanced/ troubleshoot and winding back the accelaration to none. To see if this helps

3. Disable any anti-virus programs whilst testing.

HTH

Peter

The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

Thank You Peter, will try your suggestions.
    IP

Well Peter, I tried both ways to change the offset to 0 (zero). Neither worked. I'll keep trying.
    I was able to change default of other options though. IE: default font, line width, etc. I know I'm gonna like this 11 but I'm so slow with learning curves.

Could not find: '1. In Draw - tools/options/workspace/general, uncheck enable roll over preview, it is a real resource hog and has no value to my mind.'
    What does this do? I did find:Enable Real Time Preview. What does this do?

Also looking for the 'see while dragging' thingy. I could move an object(s) and see an outlineish type object while moving. Is this still here?

Thanks so much.

Inphoenix
    IP

A few comments on CDR11 that'll probably echo some other posts here:

don't run CorelDRAW 11 suite on anything less than P4 or Athlon XP and at least 512 MB of RAM. Ammount of RAM is crucial. Avoid Celerons and Durons.

Disable that Realtime Preview because it's a resource hog and I honestly have no idea what good it does other than cripple your system.

Disable that stupid CARM feature in the options because that is part of the crash problems you may encounter.

CDR11 seems to work best under WinXP.

Your customizations in DRAW save fine if you do that in _default workspace, in other instances the thing just keeps "forgetting" changes.

PS: My CDR on a WinXP machine kept crashing until I disabled CARM. Then it just stopped doing that.
    I've seen CDR do wierd things on WinME/98 but haven't tried that myself.

Yes, it's me.
    Yes, it's me.
    IP

Marie

Sorry I meant realtime preview not roll over preview, so uncheck that option.

With this option unchecked object outlines should be visible when dragging, perhaps you also need to enable draw complex objects whilst moving or transoforming, which is third button from the end on the default context sensitive toolbar.

Not sure why the duplicate offset is not sticking, it works here.

Remember this setting is on a per document basis, new documents you create will have this setting, if you load up an old document it will still have the original offset settings.

Me I'm using Draw 11 on a PIII 667mHz computer with 256 Meg of RAM on XP home edition and it runs almost as quick as Draw 9 on the same system once realtime preview is disabled. There are some specific slow down issues to do with transparent bitmaps and large amounts of objects (especially blend groups) but this is to do with some code problems that I hope get fixed, if not in Draw 11 then in Draw 12.

HTH

Peter

IP

Dear Peter,
    What is CARAM that Skareta is talking about? How do I find it.

I'm running Athlon XP2000+ with 512 MB ram. Unfortunately I've tried using Win2000 Pro but had an issue with printer driver that could not be resolved so had to return to WIN98SE.

I was able to modify my property/tool bars much to my delight but still cannot resolve the duplicate problem. It still offsets. Can't change it to 0 (zero). Bummer

Marie
    IP

Marie

CARM is Corel Application Recovery Manger, the option to disable it (though it is not causing me any problems as I don't get that many crashes) is in the Global branch of tools/options.

Ok, you don't need to adjust the duplicate offset to Zero as pressing the + key on the numeric keypad creates a duplicate in the same place automatically.

However this 'not sticking' problem is bugging me. Are you using Windows 2000 or XP? if so can you try the following steps in a blank document.

Change the duplicate settings to zero in the context sensitive toolbar.

Select menu option tools/save settings as default.

Close the document and with Draw still running press the new document button.

Are the default options still zero?

If they are then quit Draw and leave the computer for at least 30 seconds before starting Draw, right click on the task bar and check the list of processes running and make sure coreldrw.exe is not in the list.

Then start up Draw and check the settings on a new blank document.

Peter

IP