Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi Guys im am in the process of creating a CDRom presentation in Flash5 i would like to launch media player to play a mpeg movie, at the moment this works by having the mpeg in the root folder along with the projector i have added some simple script to a button in Flash ( the get url command "movie.mpeg" )and this works but it would be nice to have the player open full screen and close at the end of the clip, any ideas would be great, i thought maybe accesing an external script or autorun inf from a new folder on the cd TIA Dave.
    IP

Well i discovered how to launch the external application with the FsCommand this is half the battle now i need to get the external app to play a pre programmed file maybe launch a little programme that can do this, any ideas any one.
    IP

You might want to have a look at SWF Studio (www.northcode.com). It lets you convert your SWF to an EXE with a LOT of extra features. One feature is the ability to play multimedia files like AVI, MPG, WMV, ASF, ASX, WAV, MP3, AU etc. I can provide examples if you want to see it in action.
    IP

thanks ill check this out it sounds promising, regards Dave.
    IP

Hi there very interesting,Nice work, can you tell me how can i gain control over the video whilst it is playing, and how much compresion is being performed on the video file during the creation of the executable, regards Dave
    IP

All files are compressed using the same ZIP compatible compression library. For most video files the savings will be small, about the same as you'd get with WinZIP and max compression.

Control of the video is currently limited to pause and resume but I'm testing some advanced positioning commands for fast fwd/rew and goto exact position.
    IP

Hi Northcode thanks for the reply pause resume would be fine, along with exit the video and return to the movie,regards Dave.
    IP