Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,

I have produced several pieces of artwork (300dpi) in Painter 6 which I intend to have printed at a commercial printers. However I have one great concern at the moment:

Wherever I have used lighting/gradiation or bevel effects it looks fine on the screen even in output preview, but when printing on my deskjet the transitions are very "ink dotty".

Will this be the same when the work is printed comercially? If so is there anything I can do to overcome the problem?

Hope someone can help !

IP

Hi,

I have produced several pieces of artwork (300dpi) in Painter 6 which I intend to have printed at a commercial printers. However I have one great concern at the moment:

Wherever I have used lighting/gradiation or bevel effects it looks fine on the screen even in output preview, but when printing on my deskjet the transitions are very "ink dotty".

Will this be the same when the work is printed comercially? If so is there anything I can do to overcome the problem?

Hope someone can help !

IP

Stevie

A press uses a dot screen that is very different than the stochastic dithering of an inkjet. You'd do well to contact the printer you are planning to use and ask what their prefered proofing system is. Also a good service bureau can produce a fairly accurate proof of your digital files. They will also advise you the best file formatt to supply.

stecyk66
    IP