Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi, any help would be appreciated. I have corel 8 and am trying to get an effect where the bottom of the text is on a straight line but the top of the text follows the path of an oval. Cant seem to do it with fit text to path that I have. Please see attached graphic. Thanks for any help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	candj.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	718  
    IP

Hi, any help would be appreciated. I have corel 8 and am trying to get an effect where the bottom of the text is on a straight line but the top of the text follows the path of an oval. Cant seem to do it with fit text to path that I have. Please see attached graphic. Thanks for any help.
    IP

I believe you can do what you want by using the Envelope function from the Effects Menu. Type the test you want curved on a separate line. Select the text and use the envelope function. When the docker drops down select new. Check the single arc option and Putty.Then grab the middle handle above the text and move it down until you get the curve you're looking for. You may have to adjust the two end handles to get it just right.

I'm using 10 by I am pretty certain you can do the same in 8.

John
    IP