Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone here has used a 3D modeling/text plug-in for PS, Ill, AE, to name a few host apps called 3D Invigorator by a company called Zaxwerks. From what I understand, it's cool. It's ALMOST exactly what I'm looking for EXCEPT, it's not for Windows! Darn it!

Take care.
    RJ (Mr. Post-A-Lot)

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone here has used a 3D modeling/text plug-in for PS, Ill, AE, to name a few host apps called 3D Invigorator by a company called Zaxwerks. From what I understand, it's cool. It's ALMOST exactly what I'm looking for EXCEPT, it's not for Windows! Darn it!

Take care.
    RJ (Mr. Post-A-Lot)

Check it out here
    I think this will be exactly what you're looking for!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

I'm a big fan of Xara 3D, but to be fair, comparing it with Invigorator is like comparing notepad with Microsoft Word.

Xara3D is simple, inexpensive, and creates great images and animations for websites.

Invigorator is a full-featured pro-tool used primarily for broadcast media. Check out this gallery and see if you spot anything familiar: http://www.zaxwerks.com/gallery.html

Best of all (if you're on the pro-level), Invigorator works as a seamless plugin to After-Effects (it also works as a stand alone app), so you can easily composit its files with all sorts of other stuff.

But if you want to make a spinning logo for your website, Invigorator might me a needlessly expensive overkill.

Marcus Geduld
    { email me } { visit me }
    Marcus Geduld

hey, hey, great thread....what a product...oh may they bring this to the PC world soon...

haha, this falls in with a topic I had started on another board regarding plugin technologies...I had suggested that ULead make all of it's stand alone products able to seamlessly plugin to the main app being Photo Impact...everybody on said forum was agast (pardon my typo's please [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] )...I am not a programmer and was attacked by a member of the forum in mind here who was a programmer and litterly ripped me apart for suggesting making all plugin...

When after many back and forth posts had resulted in more people justifying this person's position, I suggested that these people were probably right, that they probably had more grey matter than say the good folks at Right Hemisphere ( Deep Paint fame )hahaha, the thread dried up quick like...

Now I have looked further into this app Invigorator and wow...go Plugins go...I guess Adobe really is far superior in so many ways than is ULead...shame, because Photo Impact is really a kick butt type of app...

I am sure having a good time learning about all of these apps and just who is who in this world of creative apps... I starting to like em all...too bad we couldn't just plug em all into one main app...on top of Windows of course [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Invigorator IS cross-platform -- at least in some forms. It can be installed as a plugin to Photoshop,Illustrator, Freehand, and After Effects. Only the After Effects version works on Windows.

But there's also a stand-alone version that works on Windows.

Marcus Geduld
    Marcus Geduld

yup, righto you are, it IS cross platform, IF you either have After Effects for running the plug in version ( win 98, me, 2000, xp ) and/or for the stand alone you must be running 2000 or xp and have clip art in Illustrator format and /or better yet, have Illustrator [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]...
    Also Open GL acceleration is listed as system requirments...

HTH any and all looking in this direction [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hey Hey, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I have written Zaxwerks about a Win version of 3D I pro. I've yet to hear from them. But, yeah, C3D, X3D, and even Vertigo HotText doesn't compete with 3D-I pro!(Sorry to all the Xara & Uleaders but, what can I say?). I've seen more examples of it's text-handling abilities and it's da bomb!! Too bad I don't have a MAC. I don't mind paying the money for it!

I wouldn't doubt Pen & Pixel uses it for that text that I like so much since pro designers like them do CD designing/graphics on a MAC which is the norm for designing layouts on. I'm actually thinking about converting to the MAC side for this and other reasons.

Oh, yeah, can I get a 5-star rating for this thread?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Oh, yeah, Gidgit, I agree with you about the plug-ins for Photoshop. Maybe it's because I'm a PS user but, for there to be Ulead plug-ins for PS, I see nothing wrong with it. And yeah, P I is an amazing app! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I don't know why anyone trashed you about it. People act so stupid over nothing sometimes. Don't let 'em get ya' down. Their not worth it.

Anyway, Take it easy, guys [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

RJ

[This message was edited by RJ Swift on March 13, 2002 at 15:06.]

heyhey RJ, I gave ya the five stars you were looking for because your such an upbeat individual, I appreciate your kind words, and most of all because I wish to thank you for sharing information with us re-Invigorator...What a cool looking app. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

And thank you Marcus [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]