Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Has anyone experienced this problem before?

If I use the colour sampler to sample from a bitmap and use that colour to fill the page behind it then the two blend together on screen.
    But when I print it the two are very different colours!!!
    What's interesting about this is when I place a transparent bitmap over a coloured part of the page the part under the transparent bitmap changes colour compared to that outwith the bitmap.
    Do you think it's a printer driver problem? (Epson Stylus Colour 760)

Has anyone experienced this problem before?

If I use the colour sampler to sample from a bitmap and use that colour to fill the page behind it then the two blend together on screen.
    But when I print it the two are very different colours!!!
    What's interesting about this is when I place a transparent bitmap over a coloured part of the page the part under the transparent bitmap changes colour compared to that outwith the bitmap.
    Do you think it's a printer driver problem? (Epson Stylus Colour 760)

Yes this is a known problem with some printer drivers, and Epson ones in particular. The problem is that they print vector shapes with a certain RGB colour differently to a bitmap with the same RGB colour. That is obviously not a good or correct thing to do. If you print the entire document as a bitmap it solves the problem. (Print Options -> Output -> Print as Anti-aliased bitmap)

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hello xarb,

Welcome to Talkgraphics. You could not have gotten a better answer than that. Mr. Moir is the bloss over at Xara.
    John/DOT

Bloss is just one of his titles. Most call him the boss. :-)

Gary