Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm a big fan of Xara X, so I want to use it at work [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    The problem is, that I didn't find an easy way to hatch (i hope this is the correct word in English) areas with lines and dashed lines.
    Did I overlook something?

A second problem is to import vector drawings from hpgl- and designer-files (.drw and/or .dsf)?

I hope for more import-filter in the next version of Xara or maybe in a service pack [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thank You in advance

Ruediger

I'm a big fan of Xara X, so I want to use it at work [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    The problem is, that I didn't find an easy way to hatch (i hope this is the correct word in English) areas with lines and dashed lines.
    Did I overlook something?

A second problem is to import vector drawings from hpgl- and designer-files (.drw and/or .dsf)?

I hope for more import-filter in the next version of Xara or maybe in a service pack [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thank You in advance

Ruediger

Hello Ruidi

On the Xara CD in the Fills folder is a folder called Two Color Shading. You will find an entire folder of hatching and other patterns.

The only problem is these are bitmaps.

If you need help loading these fills into Xara's Fill Gallery refer to:

WebXealot #24 -- The Fill Gallery

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hatching.gif 
Views:	502 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	18322  

Don't forget you can define any object or set of objects ( groups, moulds, blends etc )and effectively use that as a vector fill by creating a large instance of the fill ( hatch or whatever ) and then using the object you wish to fill as a clipview object onto the instance of your fill.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd

When converting Micrografx Draw DRW files, I have always used another product - Paintshop works with most but Visio copes with some more obscure features. I suspect Designer files may be similar.

www.thelondonhouse.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

One of the easiest ways to obtain hatching is playing with filling and transparency settings.

The below setting must be turned to -1 and then the above one can serve to change the bandwidth ratio and the filling or transparency handle to modify the size.
    One can also combinate filling and transparency on superposed shapes to obtain combinated hatchings!

Regards,

ivan

Name:	hatch1.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	13668  

vector fills have the advantage of being able to be moulded - you only need to create a few basic vector fills to use over again
    Tony

Name:	mouldedfills3.gif 
Views:	270 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	11533  
    Tony