Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll have to try something like that soon.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

PI is a WONDERFUL program.

However, it doesn't do EVERYTHING that Photoshop does, though. I think it does about 80% of what PS does.

Yes, I like that picture. I like the sock & boot picture also. Cute slogan. PI is still a nice program although Photoshop is King, hands down.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

[This message was edited by RJ Swift on January 30, 2004 at 13:43.]
    IP

80% for less than 10% the price. It's good enough for me http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif.
    Better CMYK print support and better brushes are things I wish for. And real transparency. One where you could smudge edges to transparent.
    Maybe one day, when I am very rich, I'd get myself Photoshop. But for these doodles, PI is enough.
    IP

I've been doing free lance for web and photo retouch and now am also doing full-time graphic arts. Yes, I use Photoshop but not for everything. I've got several programs at my disposal and I have to manage my time and figure which way is the most efficient to get the job done. I am finding I use PI for loads of things because it makes sharp images and it makes them quickly. I do love Photoshop but I use PI about as much on the job as Photoshop. I use the two programs differently. If the output is a poster size or larger, Photoshop is the only way to go.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP