Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have an image that I sliced up into 4 slices in Fireworks. I want to import it into Dreamweaver but insted of having the slices in a table (like the html file created assembles them automatically it seems) having each one of them be an individual frame (within a frameset tag). So I would end up with 4 frames (with Border=0 obviously) that would recreate the image. I'm thinking about doing this so that I can target one of the slices to ad the website content to it and not have to reload the three other parts of the image each time a user goes to a different page. Especially because one of the parts has an streaming audio player in it that would be stopped if it had to reload each time a user moved to a different page.
    If anyone knows how I can go about this or an alternative to what I'm trying to achieve?

Thanks in advance, Kelly

[This message was edited by kellysaux on November 20, 2001 at 07:11.]
    IP

I have an image that I sliced up into 4 slices in Fireworks. I want to import it into Dreamweaver but insted of having the slices in a table (like the html file created assembles them automatically it seems) having each one of them be an individual frame (within a frameset tag). So I would end up with 4 frames (with Border=0 obviously) that would recreate the image. I'm thinking about doing this so that I can target one of the slices to ad the website content to it and not have to reload the three other parts of the image each time a user goes to a different page. Especially because one of the parts has an streaming audio player in it that would be stopped if it had to reload each time a user moved to a different page.
    If anyone knows how I can go about this or an alternative to what I'm trying to achieve?

Thanks in advance, Kelly

[This message was edited by kellysaux on November 20, 2001 at 07:11.]
    IP

Hi Kelly ...

Without going into a frames vs. no frames argument, the easiest way is to use Dreamweaver's frameset option (make sure you remember to turn on frame border so you can see what you are doing), then use the Firework images as the background for each frame.

Good luck!

cfn ... Jen
    Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    cfn ... Jen

Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    IP