Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

aaa ok well then... why didn't you SAY you were fixing an ANIMATION, hehee DOH! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    That's totally different!

I'm not sure if Sean comes to this board Klaus, but you're right about this being a good challenge for 'em. I hope he feels confident enough to give this a go. I'm sure a LOT of people would appreciate a program of this nature.

BTW Klaus... i found an Action that claims to clean up the jaggies. But i tried it on this image and i'm guessing now that the creator of the Action didn't do a lot of testing on anything but his OWN test subjects. It was unsuccessful - specifically because it made use of the Median filter; which simply speared the hell out of the image. hahaa DOH!
    IP

Guys, I was able to run my beloved JAG app on W2K after all - quite amaizing in itself, since it's a Win3.x app from 1992! Here you can see before and after views of the flag - pretty good AA, eh! But surely, there ought to be a New Millennium tool available to do this also?

K

PS: Mark, this is a 8 bit GIF, and has therefore no JPG compression artifacts,
    PPS: I wonder about the legality of giving away 10 year old software? I'm quite willing to donate copies to Whoever Is Worthy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AA-flags_both.gif 
Views:	289 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	19644  
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

IP

Hey cool Klaus very cool.

It's done a pretty good job huh? Not bad!

Oh ok about the GIF thing. But when i saved your flag image out of your post above, it got automatically converted to a JPG by the time it hit my desktop. That's why i mentioned it and the artifacts. No sweat there now anywho...

IMHO i don't think that the creator of that app is really gonna give 2ducktails what's done with that app given the fact it's a decade old. I really don't think s/he is still watching around to see who's using it...hehehe.

BUT... that is NOT any reason to just by flipid about his/her copyrights. So... are you sure you've done a thorough search for anything related to this program, on the Web Klaus?

Now that you can run it... check the company/creators name info in the Help or About menu. And if there's none there, check properties on the EXE itself and see if there's a "Version" section in there that might house such info. I'd be real curious whether this app exists today, but under another name perhaps huh?

I'll do some searchin myself and see wussup.

Thanks!
    over...
    IP