Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remove shadow

I was working on a text, and after converting it to editable shapes to move some independant letters, I added a shadow.

Later, I wanted to ungroup, to be able to give the dots on the I's another colour.

But I got a message from Xara, saying that I could not ungroup an object with a shadow, and that I had to remove the shadow first. So I searched and searched, but didn't find a way to do so. It'll be probably something very simple, so please, if some knows how...

Perhaps I should have ended with the shadow, but whilst creating, I often "see" what I want during the action. New ideas come up that I didn't know of before I started. So I can not work in a sequence of first this, then that,... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	artV.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	18675  

I was working on a text, and after converting it to editable shapes to move some independant letters, I added a shadow.

Later, I wanted to ungroup, to be able to give the dots on the I's another colour.

But I got a message from Xara, saying that I could not ungroup an object with a shadow, and that I had to remove the shadow first. So I searched and searched, but didn't find a way to do so. It'll be probably something very simple, so please, if some knows how...

Perhaps I should have ended with the shadow, but whilst creating, I often "see" what I want during the action. New ideas come up that I didn't know of before I started. So I can not work in a sequence of first this, then that,... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Select text, select shadow tool, click leftmost icon that appears in tool bar ('no shadow').

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

It's quite simple as you say. Here it is.
    Egg
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Eva,

With the shadow tool and shadow group selected, the first rectangle on the info bar is "no shadow". As long as you note the current settings, the shadow can be easily reapplied.

You can also convert the shadow group to editable shapes and ungroup. This will let you work with each individual part. However, I would only do this if you were sure you didn't want to change the shadow. Once you've converted to shape, you lose the ability to change the settings with the shadow tool.

Mickie

Eva.
    I like the font but the "t" looks more like an "f" to me. What's Arf mean?
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi folks...

Looks like there were at least three of us typing at the same time! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

How is this possible?
    You all seem to be waiting like angels to help us poor mortals. Thanks a lot, all of you.

Indeed, the t looks a little like an f, and fhis could be contusing. But as it is a font my uncle bought, I may not change it. They say that in the medieval times letters were often completely different from today.

Another font: (I have never tried software that was so friendly with text)

Name:	av3.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	14237  

it is fascinating that in Xara you can choose to see your bevel, shadow, etc as a separate object or a linked one (grouped).

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

Name:	av4.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	14434  

I have a a print of 1678 map of Essex on my wall and indeed there has been a lot of change in text. 2 villages close to my home named Ramsey and Wrabness are spelt Ramfey and Wrabnefs. I dont know if the f is the same "f" we use today or just an elongated "s".
    As you say contusing is'nt it?
    Egg
    Egg