Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

A 1600x1200 resolution displays 1.9 million pixels. Not bad. Now imagine the significant improvement if you had a display with a resolution of 3840x2400! It would display 9.2 million pixels! IBM have developed such a monitor. It is a 22.2" (diagonal) LCD panel; 3840x2400 displaying those 9.2 million pixels at 24 bits per pixel. They say the results are incredible. Perhaps even more interesting is the hardware solution they developed to drive the display in the absence of video cards capable of the task. Note that they are able to display animations, at 5 frames per second, where the high resolution images of each frame are over 22gb! Astounding pixel throughput!

Here's a pdf format article about what IBM is calling DEEP BLUE. I want one. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on June 30, 2002 at 15:35.]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

A 1600x1200 resolution displays 1.9 million pixels. Not bad. Now imagine the significant improvement if you had a display with a resolution of 3840x2400! It would display 9.2 million pixels! IBM have developed such a monitor. It is a 22.2" (diagonal) LCD panel; 3840x2400 displaying those 9.2 million pixels at 24 bits per pixel. They say the results are incredible. Perhaps even more interesting is the hardware solution they developed to drive the display in the absence of video cards capable of the task. Note that they are able to display animations, at 5 frames per second, where the high resolution images of each frame are over 22gb! Astounding pixel throughput!

Here's a pdf format article about what IBM is calling DEEP BLUE. I want one. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on June 30, 2002 at 15:35.]

Ross, thanks for posting about such great new gear - I want one too!

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

$$$$$ [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hey Ross! Thanks for sharing!

Btw...the new Matrox card can display 3.1 million pixels (2048x1536) - certainly not as high as 9.2, but definitely more than the average video card. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

The word WOW comes to mind... holy moley Ross, you have out done your self this time [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

holy cluster Batman... talking about your powerful system...

The new Matrox card...hmmm, sounds like a great stepping stone...