Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: TabletPC

John Clements and I have long talked about how nice it would be to have a Wacom tablet built into a laptop. Our vision was something along these lines: the tablet would either be attached at the bottom and able to be removed (connected via USB) for desktop use, or the tablet could slide/fold out to the side of the laptop for use on the lap. Well, something along those lines.

Anyhow, here's what Microsoft has come up with. Not too bad. It has potential... that is, if Wacom redesigned it (I wouldn't trust a Microsoft tablet).

TabletPC

John Clements and I have long talked about how nice it would be to have a Wacom tablet built into a laptop. Our vision was something along these lines: the tablet would either be attached at the bottom and able to be removed (connected via USB) for desktop use, or the tablet could slide/fold out to the side of the laptop for use on the lap. Well, something along those lines.

Anyhow, here's what Microsoft has come up with. Not too bad. It has potential... that is, if Wacom redesigned it (I wouldn't trust a Microsoft tablet).

TabletPC

I seriously doubt that MS designed and built this, but rather they own it now like they do so many other things....

Take MS Content Management Server for instance... bought from NCompass for a paultry 36 mil... NCompass was an upstart company founded by one of our local university prof's... There's more to this than meets the eye...but, anyways... this is MS at it's best... nowadays they simply buy stuff... or invest into for various reason's... we could talk about Corel here, or Apple for that matter... on and on the list goes... me, I don't care, so long as everybody recieves thier dues and the bottom end price is reflected into a quality product...