Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Actually, this was not one of the designs in the competition but Kate has said it is OK to make these designs public.

These designs have been in the works for some time, well before Steve's new box thread. And while we would all have been thrilled to have one of our designs chosen, the final box designs are quite handsome (IMHO) and reflect positively on all who use Xara products.

The three boxes are for sale in stores (hurray!) and reflect a family look which is very important to establish a brand identity. I think the designs are very clean and elegant and project a clean, concise, professional personality. It is great to think that Xara products will finally be on the shelves where the general public will have an opportunity to see them.

I'll post a larger picture of the Xara box in a response.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewBoxDesigns.gif 
Views:	1129 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	2870  

Actually, this was not one of the designs in the competition but Kate has said it is OK to make these designs public.

These designs have been in the works for some time, well before Steve's new box thread. And while we would all have been thrilled to have one of our designs chosen, the final box designs are quite handsome (IMHO) and reflect positively on all who use Xara products.

The three boxes are for sale in stores (hurray!) and reflect a family look which is very important to establish a brand identity. I think the designs are very clean and elegant and project a clean, concise, professional personality. It is great to think that Xara products will finally be on the shelves where the general public will have an opportunity to see them.

I'll post a larger picture of the Xara box in a response.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Here is a larger image of the Xara X package design.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Name:	xaraX_box.gif 
Views:	1087 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	13715  

Hello Gary,

I am very glad to imaginate I will meet Xara products in stores. Nevertheless I send you here a little suggestion about the product name size. (Of course this is a very quick try). Often while I am searching something in a store I want to see it easily and quickly. Perhaps a little problem is also the look too close to Macromedia packages...

Very sorry, but I like very much the so clean and dynamic design !!!

Kindly,
    ivan

Name:	aimxar-b.jpg 
Views:	1041 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	11397  

Gary (and people at Xara),

I really like the new boxes and even more I think is is the kind of design to make people look closer.
    When I walk through a software store I can very easily judge the 'level' of software by its box. At least I think I can.
    Cheapo software always has a certain look and feel that I personally don't like but that might be attractive to total beginners: Very colorful, very busy, very 'kitschig' (if there is such a word in english).

Software for Pros is packed differently. See Macromedia (you're right Ivan), see Adobe, see even most of Microsoft.

And if I did not know Xara already I would for sure check *that* kind of box.
    So in my very humble and very personal opinion: Very very good choice !!

Ivan (and all)

I had nothing to do with the package design. It was done in house by Xara's design team.

We have an expression, "walk softly but carry a big stick!". In other words, you don't have to shout XARA, you can say it softly in a more refined manner. The big stick is in the box [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

There is a bit of a resemblence to Macromedia's product line. Different colors might have helped overcome that. But I like the clean box and the lack of "kitschig". (Is that the same as Kitch in English? Even if it is not, I get the idea).

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

The only item missing on the very attractive XaraX package is "Version 2.0"...

If wishes were horses...

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Where is the word 'vector' on the X box? If I would browse through the shelves and see it, I'd think 'oh, just another wanna-be-professional-paint-stuff I don't need because I'm running PhotoPaint and PhotoLine 32'.

Is this important information left out on purpose?

OK, it's not my product I have to market.

Always think in the head of the customer !

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Those are two very good observations... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Remember curiosity killed the cat! Sometimes you need to let the consumer be enticed by a package - Play with it, discover it like a child playing with a new toy - "Hey what is this all about!"

Turn the box over and there is some very good verbiage and some great samples from the Xara Gallery . Maybe a rebate coupon for $XX.XX if you own another Vector based drawing package. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Dave Zubrowski

Xara FAQ
    Dave Zubrowski