Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

These three brushes are dedicated to one of my preferred belgian cartoonist André Franquin. Each one remember me one important period in his career.
    While working to create and experiment brushes I try to capture my impressions. Sometimes very strong ones appears!
    That's the power of brush tool in Xara X which permits that. A true, extremely sensible artists tool!

Regards,

ivan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	franquin.gif 
Views:	424 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	15960  

These three brushes are dedicated to one of my preferred belgian cartoonist André Franquin. Each one remember me one important period in his career.
    While working to create and experiment brushes I try to capture my impressions. Sometimes very strong ones appears!
    That's the power of brush tool in Xara X which permits that. A true, extremely sensible artists tool!

Regards,

ivan

The three brushes:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ivan
    I don't know the cartoonists work but the brushes a very fine. I particularly like the centre brush, it's very fine almost to fragile.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Ivan, do you have an example of this cartoonist's work you can post - or perhaps a link??

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

http://www.gastonlagaffe.com/gaston/index.htm

Ivan's brushes remind me more of the "Black Ideas" cartoons.

André Franquin is known for his Spirou, Marsupilami and Gaston LaGaffe (Gus Blunder).
    He is one of the greatest cartoonists of all time in the whole universe, and... I do not exagerrrrate. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Here is the link to Ivan's brushes:

Thanks for the example and the links Ivan. You're right his work is great. I saw in one of your links mention of the creator of TinTin. As a child I would borrow TinTin books from the library and get lost in the pictures. I was facinated by them. The adventure stories were great too, even if the Captain was a jerk. I'm hoping when my sons are older they will like the books too. I have seen the TinTin cartoon series on TV and was pleasantly surprised how well they translated to animation.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

No comments!

(but enjoy it)

ivan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	haddock.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	7028  

Sorry Captain! No offence intended. I'll make it up to you by telling my kids you are the main star of the TinTin series and not TinTin. Now, will you call Snowy off my ankle?

Regards, Ross

I used to have all the TinTin albums as a kid! I even had quite a few records that played the dialogue (in Swedish) with really cheap sound affects.

Ahhh... those were the days - sitting on the couch flipping through the album with the record on and eating myself sick on pop corn.

Risto