Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>and to Wolfgang (my favorite Austrian) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah right, as if you would know any other [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Wolfgang

My registry still says (1) and YES it goes back to the default setting when re-invoked (darn it) but that's not so bad I guess. Maybe there is a way to fix that one too.

I did a bubble, changed the line width and color and all the subsequent circles were as the parent untill I changed them. No lines stayed that way too untill given a width again.

So I don't know exactly what you all mean but it's not that way in mine [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

All I did was browse my way to the line in the registry that had the value I wanted to change, double clicked on the value, a dialog popped up and I typed in "1" and then hit the OK button and it's still says that in the value line in that nifty little piece of software that standay wrote for us Xarians [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Plus I blieve that my General Options were set to "Give new objects the most recent attributes" setting as a default. I don't remember doing clicking that box. Of course my mind is also very forgettful so I could have and don't remember........Oh sorrow of sorrows, my mind, my mind, oh where has my mind gone too??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

One other irratation is I HATE that damned shadow and that one WON'T stay off. It's an irratation when trying to get a "real time" view!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Enough ranting, I love XaraX but these are little things that I am hoping are improved upon in the next release, for sure!!!

So if anyone can figure out what will make the settings stick even when re-invoked then please let us all know!!!

Thanks for listening [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by RAMWolff on April 11, 2002 at 19:01.]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I really want to try using this registery edit thing, but I'm gonna need a little assist.

The download is complete and I can look at it, my problem is how to change any thing. It may be a little step by step, go here now, and click this approach maybe necessary for me to pull this off. If you all could help me get through the one that RAMWolff did I should be OK for future alterations.

Thanks all, espically Stan for the utility. Sorry that I'm unable to grasp the concept and get it done on my own.

Regards, Phil

Yes Wolfgang, I tried to increase the number for file open limit about a year or two ago when the modification of registry entries was first discussed.

John

All,

I put together a small utility to let me easily look at all the "options" settings for XaraX in my registry. You can also send all of the options to your clipboard easily. You can download it at:

http://frontpage98.nmia.com/~kittycat

Follow the links to the download page. Let me know if you find it useful or not.

Stan

I think I wuv you. What a great application. XaraLtd. should ask to add this little utility into the next release of Xara. This is really something. You even included a direct link to Regedit. WOW [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thank you SOOOO much. I am really happy about this [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

What the heck does it do?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] (kidding)

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Stan,

what a nifty little thing.
    Thanks for sharing.

I also put it to immediate use. I set "LastAttrAppliedBecomesCurrent" under attributes from 0 to 1, that saves me from defining and confirming the default values per session.

When I now draw a red circle with no outline, all the following circles will have the same attributes. I like that ...

Wolfgang

Open regedit off the menu. Go to:

My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\Xarax\
    Version 3.0\Options\Attributes

change: (Edit DWORD Value)

"LastAttrAppliedBecomesCurrent"

from 0 to 1

Ich bin ein New Yorker
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shokan:
    Where's regedit on what menu please? Then type in that path you have there? ans simply change the 0 to 1?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just Start >> RUN >> Type regedit {Enter}

HTH - Dave

Sheff,

I guess 9 is the hardcoded max that Xara can handle. This is why another value in the registry won't change anything ...

Wolfgang