Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ball-point pens would not work in zero gravity.

To combat the problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 Billion to develop a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, underwater, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to 300C...

The Russians used a pencil.

Regards, Ross (This was one of the several joke emails that gets sent to my office each day. I thought it was funny).

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ball-point pens would not work in zero gravity.

To combat the problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 Billion to develop a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, underwater, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to 300C...

The Russians used a pencil.

Regards, Ross (This was one of the several joke emails that gets sent to my office each day. I thought it was funny).

They probably didn't have a government requirement that all forms be filled out in blue or black ink [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

hehe thats funny ....

Just imagine though the bad environment in the space station after they sharpened the pencil with a pocket knife ... graphite and wood slivers floating around everywhere .... geesh [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

I remember one of the first American astronauts being interviewed years after going in space. I don't remember which one. The interviewer wondered if space travel changed your perception/sense of the world. The astronuaut confirmed that it did. He noted that one experience in space overwhelmed him - an experiece of beauty he found impossible to describe. What it was related to the early practice of discharging urine into space rather than tanking it and bringing it back to earth (or purifying it for drinking with reverse osmosis). He explained that when expelled into cold zero-gravity space, the urin would instantly crystalize into giant sparkling crystals that would fill the window views with a fantastic display of unworldly beauty. From this experience he learned to see beauty in simple things - beauty usually overlooked.

Regards, Ross

PS - David, I received your email. I'll reply tomorrow when I have a bit more time.

dangit ... was that the ice crystal that put that giant crater in the windshield of the space shuttle years later [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

screenplay idea lurking in this thread...

The movie can star beautiful Sandra Bullock to make Wolfgang happy. (We'll hire Wolfgang to be Sandra's bodyguard). In the movie called "Dangit", Sandra can be the NASA engineer who has to figure out why the shuttle windows keep cracking. She discovers the truth but then the NASA higher ups (like Jack Nicholson) try to suppress her report because they think it will look bad to Congress and effect funding for the manned mission to visit Uranus. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Jack uses all the dirty tricks he can muster to block Sandra and her report. Eventually Sandra stowaways on the shuttle (to evade arrest on trumped-up charges). In space the shuttle gets hit and seriously damaged by big urine crystals - with the whole world watching the stricken shuttle on TV, Sandra crawls out of the storage compartment where she was hiding. With her engineering skills and her bra clasp and a pencil she fixes the shuttle so it can return to Earth safely. She returns a hero and Jack gets arrested.

In conclusion I should note that during filming Sandra falls in love with Wolfgang (the Xarist bodyguard) who already loved her and they get married and live happily ever after. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on April 12, 2002 at 20:13.]

There would have to be a Russian on board if she was going to use a pencil

Ich bin ein New Yorker
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

This is the BEST script I ever read.

A careful designed plot combined with a happy ending. I love it!

I would even provide the urine crystals if necessary.

Anybody got Sandra's phone number ??

Wolfgang

P.S.: as you said before my friend: Sandra falling in love with me and marrying me is inevitable in the long run ...

and ROTFL

I would have cast Michelle Pfeiffer myself. I have been hopelessly in love with Michelle for ever although I doubt she even notices that I am here :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://www.gwpriester.com" TARGET=_blank>
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone