Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Great utility!

To add a bit to Grant's explanation:

1) Find the correct folder in Regedit: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\Xarax\
    Version 3.0\Options\Attributes
    2) Find the setting in the right panel of the Regedit window: LastAttrAppliedBecomesCurrent
    3) Select the setting by clicking it so it is highlighted
    4) Right-click it, and choose Modify from the drop-down box.
    5) A dialog box will come up, enter 1 in place of 0.
    6) Click OK and you're done.

You can also use Edit/Modify instead of right-clicking the selected item.

Do this with Xara NOT running. Then the new setting will take effect when you next start Xara.

Dale

[This message was edited by Dale Landry on April 11, 2002 at 17:11.]

Is not this the same as doing the following in Xara X:
    Utilities > Options > General tab > Give new objects the most recent attributes

???

If you change the registry setting from the example, while Xara is running, but don't change the setting in Xara: Utilities/Options/General tab/"Give new objects the most recent attributes", when you shut down Xara, Xara will change the registry setting right back to zero!

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

My registry still says (1) and YES it goes back to the default setting when re-invoked (darn it) but that's not so bad I guess. Maybe there is a way to fix that one too.

I did a bubble, changed the line width and color and all the subsequent circles were as the parent untill I changed them. No lines stayed that way too untill given a width again.

So I don't know exactly what you all mean but it's not that way in mine [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

All I did was browse my way to the line in the registry that had the value I wanted to change, double clicked on the value, a dialog popped up and I typed in "1" and then hit the OK button and it's still says that in the value line in that nifty little piece of software that standay wrote for us Xarians [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Plus I blieve that my General Options were set to "Give new objects the most recent attributes" setting as a default. I don't remember doing clicking that box. Of course my mind is also very forgettful so I could have and don't remember........Oh sorrow of sorrows, my mind, my mind, oh where has my mind gone too??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

One other irratation is I HATE that damned shadow and that one WON'T stay off. It's an irratation when trying to get a "real time" view!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Enough ranting, I love XaraX but these are little things that I am hoping are improved upon in the next release, for sure!!!

So if anyone can figure out what will make the settings stick even when re-invoked then please let us all know!!!

Thanks for listening [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by RAMWolff on April 11, 2002 at 19:01.]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Xara loads the registry settings when it starts and re-saves them when it finishes, along with any changes you've made in the normal way. Changes to the registry you make directly while the program is running will not be retained. Also, most changes you make while the program is running have no effect because X uses the memory copy of the settings rather than the file based version, presumably to improve performance.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shokan:
    Where's regedit on what menu please? Then type in that path you have there? ans simply change the 0 to 1?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just Start >> RUN >> Type regedit {Enter}

HTH - Dave

It worked, just as advertised, and I Love it.

Phil [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

You can also bring up a somewhat easier to understand version of the registry:

Type in: regedt32 then hit OK and you will find your registry in easier to understand, seperated windows within a window.

You'll see, give a go. I like this version better!!

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I can see the registry, but I can't seem to edit the keys that matter to me.

I'm trying to change the default value of recently opened file limit from 9 to 20.

I've done this in regedit, but it doesn't seem to stick. I may try to reboot, but I don't know if it will work.

Anyone else try this?

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

Sheff,

I guess 9 is the hardcoded max that Xara can handle. This is why another value in the registry won't change anything ...

Wolfgang