Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

..an exported .SWF file in WEB page design, or is it strictly relegated to Flash?

I've never tried, and hesitated to bring it up for fear I'd be pummeled about the head and shoulders for showing my lack of depth in the field.

I want to get into the moving stuff, but a good, tight, fast loading static page is my first line of order. It seemed like I'd heard that it could be done, so I thought I'd pose the question, no matter how foolish it may make me look. Besides everyone here seems pretty doggone sharp, und qvick mit der answers.

BuddyB

..an exported .SWF file in WEB page design, or is it strictly relegated to Flash?

I've never tried, and hesitated to bring it up for fear I'd be pummeled about the head and shoulders for showing my lack of depth in the field.

I want to get into the moving stuff, but a good, tight, fast loading static page is my first line of order. It seemed like I'd heard that it could be done, so I thought I'd pose the question, no matter how foolish it may make me look. Besides everyone here seems pretty doggone sharp, und qvick mit der answers.

BuddyB

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

It is my opinion that static flash files are perhaps a viable alternative to jpg and gif formated images. I say perhaps because if you are concerned about browser compatibility it is probably not a good idea. That said, flash compatibility is very high and unless your site is visited by very old browsers it is likely that most of your visitors will see your static flash files.

Although to many, flash means animation, it does not have to. Static flash images are a great way to display your vector graphics.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

If you're going to use .swf files in your website you have to have all the embed code that goes with it... not the same as just adding an image to a page...

Next, go to www.swishzone.com and checkout their product. Quick flash animations in 5 minutes - only $30... it's a great way to get into "flashing" - plus you should be able to import your Xara .swf files into Swish and play with the animation there...

Later,
    Robert
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

There are a number of ways to get the swf onto a web page, including javascript to redirect if the user doesn't have the right version installed.

But here's a quick and dirty tag that should get your image up there.

<EMBED src="moviename.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100" height="100">

Obviously you'll want to adjust the width, height, and src attributes.

For the definative script for Flash player detection, head over to http://www.moock.org/.

Hope that helps,
    Will