Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi I have just purchased MM and I am not able to find MM in dreamweaver as the help files instruct under the insert menu... I have searched all over the application and don't see it. I am using Dreamweaver MX - any thoughts?

Thanks!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cmk:
    Hi I have just purchased MM and I am not able to find MM in dreamweaver as the help files instruct under the insert menu... I have searched all over the application and don't see it. I am using Dreamweaver MX - any thoughts?

Thanks!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi You can download the Webstyle Sreamweaver extension from http://xara.com/downloads/webstyle/addins.asp

Thanks

Thank you for the reply - however, I have done that. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled - all of that stuff. I am using windows 2000 - would that make a difference? Thank you!

No problems with Windows 2000. Do you have multiple versions of Dreamweaver installed on your PC? The extension can only associate with one particular version.

Also view your add/remove programs. is the extension listed here?

I did have Dreamweaver 4 installed - it is now uninstalled and gone. I do see the extentions listed in the add/remove programs list. When I click on the insert menu in DW I see WS4DwExObject listed at the bottom of the menu. When I click on it I get Webstyle 4 is not installed... as an error message. Maybe DW and MM integration is just not in my future...? I appreciate your assistance

Exactly the same problem here with DW 2004 MX!

Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cmk:
    Maybe DW and MM integration is just not in my future...? I appreciate your assistance <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just solved the problem by completely removing DW and reinstalling it again. I deactivated my virus scanner during the whole process and removed even the DW folder.

There is a well hidden FAQ article on xara.com (not in the MM-, but in the Webstyle section) recommending the procedure I performed. Hope I could help you.

-----cut---------------------------------
    Webstyle FAQ
    Why does my Dreamweaver insert menu show WS4DwExObject (or similar) instead of the proper menu?
    Instead of a working Dreamweaver extension, you may just have strange items listed on the bottom of your Dreamweaver insert menu. These may include WS4DwExObject and/or XMMDwExObject. This problem occurs when Dreamweaver, or possibly another extension, has corrupted the Xara Dreamweaver extension installation.

Just reinstalling the extension will not solve the problem, and it requires Dreamweaver being completely removed from your system and reinstalled (this will mean you will have to setup any personal preferences again).

Before beginning the process, please close down all other programs including virus scanners (just for the duration of the these instructions).

1) Remove any Xara extensions via the add/remove programs screen (which can be found in your control panel). There should be a listing for Dreamweaver Extension 1.0, this needs to be removed.

2) If you have any other Dreamweaver extensions, remove them (if you can) via the add/remove programs screen (please refer to the relevant instructions of the other extensions for information on removal and reinstallation).

2) Remove Macromedia Dreamweaver via the add/remove programs screen. Say yes to the option to remove any personal settings if possible.

3) Check afterwards that the uninstall routine has removed the entire Dreamweaver directory within your Macromedia directory (or wherever you installed it). This is very important, as you will need to make sure there are no residual files or directories.

4) Once the Dreamweaver directory has completely gone, install Dreamweaver again from your install disc.

5) Afer you've installed it, open Dreamweaver and make sure there's no sign of the Xara extension on the include menu. If it's clear, and there's no sign of it, close Dreamweaver.

7) Download and install the extension from the following location:
    http://downloads.xara.com/downloads/.../xaradwext.exe

8) After you've installed the file, you should then have the fully functional Xara Dreamweaver extension installed.

I too have had all these problems after paying for what looked like a good tool to generate fast nice looking menus.

Surly all my settings, sites etc will be lost if I do this re-install as suggested? can someone advise if there is a way to avoid this?