Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

I have recently been opening images in PS 6 and the dark areas get filled with colored pixel artifacts(see attachment). Zooming in and out makes the artifacts dissapear or move from one area to another. I checked the same image in ImageReady and it doesn't happen so it seems to be Photoshop. What the...?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	speckle.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	15638  
    IP

I have recently been opening images in PS 6 and the dark areas get filled with colored pixel artifacts(see attachment). Zooming in and out makes the artifacts dissapear or move from one area to another. I checked the same image in ImageReady and it doesn't happen so it seems to be Photoshop. What the...?
    IP

This looks like a similar problem i had a while back. For me, it was a problem with the drivers for my graphics card. Once i upDated them though the problem was resolved.

I suggest you try this route first Lucid.

Go to the makers of your graphics card and see if there's an upDate or newer version for the card's drivers. And make sure you get the appropriate drivers for your version of Windows (unless you're on a Mac).

PS: my card is an ATI Rage Fury 128.
    IP