Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I knew..I just knew that I had seen Gary someplace
    before! :-)

Have a deLIGHTful day..bill clegg [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

...if I might add..this was in a Art Director's Directory mag. Man..I looked all over that page..I was almost sure to find your name..ha! In that
    mag there were about 3 other ads that used the lightbulb in different ways...soooooo,Great Guns!

bill

[This message was edited by William R.Clegg on July 05, 2001 at 06:22.]

I knew..I just knew that I had seen Gary someplace
    before! :-)

Have a deLIGHTful day..bill clegg [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

...if I might add..this was in a Art Director's Directory mag. Man..I looked all over that page..I was almost sure to find your name..ha! In that
    mag there were about 3 other ads that used the lightbulb in different ways...soooooo,Great Guns!

bill

[This message was edited by William R.Clegg on July 05, 2001 at 06:22.]

That's Great!
    ~Dave!~

Good work Bill!
    This must have been from Gary's corporate , advertising art director days.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Did the image in the advertisement have an eyeball inside the clear glass lightbulb (that looks like my card) or did you add it to make it appear that I copied my eyebulb from someone else's creative effort, Bill.

While I appreciate the humor, and your good taste in reading material, your image would make me appear to be a plagerist, which I am not.

Please post the unmodified image so the readers can see what I am taking about.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Sever So Humble...

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on July 05, 2001 at 17:09.]

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on July 05, 2001 at 17:10.]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I have to agree with Gary that it is necessary for Bill to post some clarifying information - please do so proto because this image does suggest improper use of images by Gary or others.

I suspect we are seeing a spoof by Bill done in humor but the post borders on misrepresentation. Satire and humor are great stuff but please don't leave people wondering if there really was a substantively similar ad in the journal refered to. I know I've seen that suited torso before - I suspect it is a copyrighted image.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

.. I've been joshed around this Forum...ha,ha,he,he and do REALLY BELIEVE THAT
    THE VIEWER DON'T THINK I'M, like Gary tells me.."I'm just kidding". I can't believe it! The headline and base line tells you it's another different company...Buuuuuuuut, for the those than hadn't put on there sun screen and ...scorched a little...here's the real thing...OK...really guys
    just havin'some nonsensical FUN. Please, viewers
    this was all meant to be a friendly joke...Buuuut,as many other things..I'm wholly misunderstood. I repent in sackcloth and ashes,Gary!!!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by William R.Clegg on July 05, 2001 at 18:57.]

Thanks for clearing things up Bill. Of course there is humor in what you did. The difficulty is that your spoof (image and what you said about it) left the possible interpretation that either Gary plagerized someone's work or someone did his.

I know we often have fun doing modifications of someone elses image with only the highest regard for the original creator. The trouble with this one is it touches on Gary's ethics which I'm sure you will agree, there is no reason for anyone to doubt.

Regards, Ross

..ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT,ROSS?!!? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

NEVER..NEVER..NEVER was Gary's 'ethics' put on
    the line...What are you talking about,Ross. You're strecthing the rubber band to the limit...NO WAY!!

Others that commented saw it the RIGHT WAY that
    it was intended. But don't worry,Ross...IT WILL
    NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN..Really,I think some TRUE COLORS are being seen through all of this. IT WAS
    A WHIMSICAL THING,ROSS and NOTHING MORE..Please,
    don't read something into it that's NOT THERE!!
    COME ON...!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Bill you seem to be missing my point completely. I know it was intended only to be funny. It *is* funny! I know you meant no malice etc. etc.

Although it was clear you added the balloon with the comment, it was not clear if you actually had found an ad with an eyebulb. Your initial posts comments implied that you had. I realize that was just part of the spoof. If you *had* found such an image, it would have implied that either Gary copied someone or someone copied Gary. Can't you see that?

I don't really want to argue about this - I sense your frustration with my comments and I can understand why you would be frustrated. I suspect if you read what I'm writing you'll agree that the clarification you did post was important.

Let's keep on being buddies! Regards, Ross