Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: breakfast? egg!

... that bugs me with the design, Jens.

The renderings are superb and the egg cup, spoon and vase combo design is amazing...

... but I think that the salt and pepper shakers look too much alike. From a practical point of view it is easy to get them mixed-up and from a design point of view - a bit boring. If you which to keep both the salt and the pepper in chrome - perhaps you could come up with something, so you can tell them apart?

What bugs me the most, though, is that the S/P holder and the eggcup have the excact same shape. I think it is brilliant that you can get such different uses out of the same shape but don't you think it will look a bit static on the table?

The different holders being stackable - is that really important? You still have to keep the shakers somewhere? Why not just keep them in their own unique (but complementing) holder?

Why not try to work the idea of the original shakers (from a couple of months ago) into this one, somehow?

The eggcup design is absolutely wild! I love it!

Are you sure that the egg cup design will work in real life also? Eggs come in different sizes: regular, large, extra large...

...will they all work in the standard sized whole?

Perhaps, I'm just being neurotic? Perhaps I just need some more coffee! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

It is always nice to see your superb work, Jens!

Risto

diri@videotron.ca

jens very nice work/design [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

How about this just an idea I had [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

SOLITAIRE VASE

STACKABLE EGG HOLDER

SALT AND PEPPER ARCH

DESIGNER BREAKFAST SPOON.

I think the terminology fits a little better with the designer style you have {just my opinion} [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Also maybe those terms written in a nice flowing script type of font would enhance the image yet again,and give it even more of the elegant type style you are looking for,and it would look really good with the rose as you would have everything in the image text included flowing in an arc or grafeful manner and it would be very appealing to the eye,and I think it would also look very classy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

But anyway excellent design.

Cheers.

Stu.

Jens, I've been reading and admiring your postings but I have neglected the necessary kudos.

The physical design of the product itself, the design of the illustration, and the technical application of the graphic effects (especially the lighting) I find extremely effective.

Snazzing looking 3D graphics can often look real, but what you've done here is a lot more than that.

Someday, if I ever get back to the Deutschland, I like to observe you "in the process" and drink ein (zwie ...) bier.

Regards, John

Jens--

Your breakfast set there is absolutely enchanting. Um, and high tech at the same time! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

And the use of Busorama as a font enhances the presentation.

Being a good designer and a good industrial designer makes you twice the creative talent.

Hats off to you!

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.