Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Can anyone help?
    I need to export BMP files with a transparent background so then can imported into another application and used as toolbar icons. Xara specifically excludes this option when exporting BMPs. Is there another way?
    IP

Can anyone help?
    I need to export BMP files with a transparent background so then can imported into another application and used as toolbar icons. Xara specifically excludes this option when exporting BMPs. Is there another way?
    IP

Ron
    I think I'm correct in saying that .bmp files do not support transparent backgrounds. For transparent backgrounds try .gif files which support 255 colours or .png files with support 000's colours. So unless you can import either of the above file types into your target program you may be stuck, unless you know the target program background colour and can match that in .bmp.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Unfortunately, CorelXARA doesn't support transparency in 24-bit bitmaps, so only GIFs and PNGs with 8 bits of fewer will work. This may limit the quality of photographic images but will be entirely adequate for toolbar icons. If you need 24-bit colour with full alpha transparency, you should download the Xara X beta.

BTW, Windows 95 / NT4 saw the introduction of a new type of bitmap that supports alpha transparency, gamma correction and JPEG compression, however I've not come across any app. that uses it.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean
    IP