Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't have PSP either, rather PhotoImpact.

Grafixman: You really don't need to create a grayscale image as you suggest. Rather than "importing" a selection, simply copy the image to the clipboard, then paste it onto the mask mode in a separate same size blank canvas -- close mask mode -- invert selection -- fill with the color of your choice.
    Lonnie
    IP

You're right, Lonnie. Copying and pasting images from normal mode to mask mode is the easier way in PI. Thanks for the tip http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif.
    Maybe the same trick can be applied in PSP? Just make sure the logos are in RGB. The sample logos provided has one grayscale and one gif file. Convert these files to RGB first to have access to the masks and alpha channels as well as the normal color pallette you'll need for the color fill.
    IP

When recoloring a logo, because I work in print mostly, what you can do for web, would not actually work in print as having them as vector graphics is the best way to do logos. Once you have a logo, the client will generally want it for publication purposes as well. If you use CorelDRAW, (which if you are seriously going to create Logos you really should invest in and learn) DRAW has a wonderful vector tracing tool which save a lot of time. Not that you will not have some clean up to do and editing, but you don't have to redraw the whole thing. And then recoloring the shapes is much easier, since logos are sometimes two colors and several shades of spot color and gray. DRAW is able to save in most of the formats used today, especially .ai and .eps. Since you already own PaintShopPro, DRAW offers a competitive upgrade from PSP, so it makes DRAW much more affordable for the first time buyer. If this is still to much for your budget, then PhotoImpact, Grafixman favorite program, can create vector graphics and can save as .ai. PhotoImpact has a higher learning curve. But the clarity of the images created with PI is incredible. If you have both programs as I do, try to draw the same thing in both and compare the differences. I was amazed when I first got PI, and made some dream catchers and got such better detail with PI, I didn't know what I had PSP for. But PSP has the ability to customize brushes and the ability to mix paints on canvas and on the palette is especially nice. Almost like using Painter but on a diet of course. You can of course get Adobe Illustrator if you have a lot of money and don't have a deadline to worry about. DRAW cost less and does more. If you need another choice, Xara X is close on the heels of DRAW but cannot do multiple pages. For the money DRAW is a great value.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP