Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I know I've asked this before, but I can't find the thread. Whenever I go to a site all the images appear only as x's, how do I get rid of this? I know the answer's simple but I can't for the life of me remember. Thanks a lot

Steve Newport

-My Gallery-

-Featured Artist 2002-
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

I know I've asked this before, but I can't find the thread. Whenever I go to a site all the images appear only as x's, how do I get rid of this? I know the answer's simple but I can't for the life of me remember. Thanks a lot

Steve Newport

-My Gallery-

-Featured Artist 2002-
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

You can start by cutting out little pieces of paper about the size of each box onscreen from some spare junk ad flyers. Then just tape each one over each offending box on the screen. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Or

Sometimes the images aren't in the spot the html author assigned the image placeholders to reference them.

Or

If you're browsing with IE, go to Internet Options and click the Advance tab. Scroll down to Multimedia and check the "Show Pictures" box.

Hope that works - Wayne [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I assume you hadn't turned off the display of images in your browser setting (it used to be common practice when modems were 14400). If you did then follow W's instructions to turn them back on. That said, the most common reason for seeing those little x's has to do with the serving end not the 'client' end. When HTML is written the location of the images is specified. If for some reason your browser can't retrieve the image from the specified location, you'll get the x placeholder. It could be the webmaster shuffled files, or never uploaded the images to their correct location, or a server problem.

I like W's suggestion about pasting images to your display. That could be fun...

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>