Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I want to duplicate this image from Xara X1 in Xara3D V6, but can't get the text to look the same. Is it possible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	15296  

I want to duplicate this image from Xara X1 in Xara3D V6, but can't get the text to look the same. Is it possible.

Hi Gibbylinks and Welcome.
    You mean something like this?
    Egg

Name:	!1a_background_attribute3.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	11217  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

It's not that simple but you may be able to follow it with the Xara3D6 file attached.
    The text is made up of 6 different xar files, The word jowetts, a yellow box, a white box, and a blue box, followed by the print pack... etc and finally the 2 very small squares.

In the attached file they are all placed one below the other, but if you select the second line whilst in the TEXT window and set the Baseline Shift by 0%, 100%, 200 % etc you can get them all overlayed.

Egg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here's the aligned file.
    Egg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Thanks for quick reply Egg.

So I basically break down my original Xara file and import it bit by bit is that right.

Gibby
    That's about it. You need to think 'outside the box' a bit to get this sort of output from Xara3D.
    Egg
    Egg

Thanks Egg, that helped, but

Apologies I think I've misled people, by not explaining myself very well.

When I asked about the text, what I should have said is the bevel. I've managed to get everything sorted, but can't seem to replicate the bevel style that Xara gives me. When you import the .XAR file it seems to strip everything off and just leaves the text. I've tried breaking the text down to shapes, but no joy.

My best effort is attached. I'm pleased with it, and it was relatively easy to do, but doesn't match the original.

Name:	jowetts.gif 
Views:	233 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	11111  

Gibbylinks.
    The only thing imported from XaraX is the shape. Everything else including colour, line width and bevels are stripped out.
    So you need to apply the bevel in Xara3D. Unfortunately you can only create an outer bevel in Xara3D not an inner bevel.
    You can work around this by selecting the text in XaraX and apply an inner contour to 'thin' the text down then hit the Inset Path button.
    Another way is to apply a bitmap texture to the none bevelled text in Xara3D. This is what I've done in the attachment below.
    Egg

Name:	!1a_background_attribute3.png 
Views:	229 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	3602  
    Egg