Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

eeeew, I didn't think about it that way - I was thinking he was going to sell pics. Or maybe she had her boyfriend over and they were kissing and he wants to extort some money from the guy. Maybe get some dirt on her for blackmail purposes. You know - normal little brother stuff.

Sharon P.
    www.fischerpassmoredesign.com

Hey,

If we're doing "Toy Story III", the camera and boyfriend and stuff is fine.

But the STILL picture needs to communicate a meaning immediately.

I cast my "Moderator Vote" (which counts for 5 ordinary well-adjusted human votes) for the OUIJA board concept. I't just FUNNY, I think we can use the most peoples' talents on this, and I *think* I could sell T-shirts and stuff of it at my online store, and share the proceeds to get a better ISP for our forum (only kidding, Scott)

My Best,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

Ok i'm just reading here about Gary's notes on the still image needing to immediately convey it's 'story' to the viewer.
    This is wierd to write considering i too have posted a story concept. But i'm sure you'll understand that i'm not trying to give MY concept any special weight compared to the others. Right?! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

This just popped into my head when i read Gary's post...
    My question pertains to the Ouiga board concept... how, by just looking at the scene as drawn will the viewer really grasp the real idea of WHY the toybot is holding the ouija prop?

If i were objectively seeing this image for the 1st time, i can't see myself grasping the whole concept, just because there's on toybot holding the ouija prop, and another broken into pieces behind him.

Does anyone else get that feeling?... Is it ok to make the viewer have to think about that type of meaning behind the image?
    Remember to look at the image concept objectively as if for the 1st time. Or is this just something i myself am struggling over? I can't tell?! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]