Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It's been almost 2 weeks and no posting's going on. I don't know about this forum sometimes. I know there are lots of folks using this fine program but no one seems to find any time to keep things happening. Too bad.

Well here is a "Study" of my project called "Moms Angel", it's still not complete, but the hair, face and skin tones are finished, but who knows.

Let me know if you like it OK.

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moms_Angel_Study_PLUS_Small.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	16138  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    IP

It's been almost 2 weeks and no posting's going on. I don't know about this forum sometimes. I know there are lots of folks using this fine program but no one seems to find any time to keep things happening. Too bad.

Well here is a "Study" of my project called "Moms Angel", it's still not complete, but the hair, face and skin tones are finished, but who knows.

Let me know if you like it OK.

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    IP

Your project is coming along really well!!! This ought to inspire other users of Photopaint to post also. Nice work RAMWolff!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain
    IP

Hello Richard.

I like her. There are two white bands with green borders in the dress that are flat, add some movement there. I don't like the background.

May be adding some noise will do good to her skin. Check skin tone since she is not blond or red hair, her skin should have
    Yellow some points over magenta, and cyan between 1/5 and 1/2 of magenta or yellow.

Well done.

Regards

Michael Cervantes
    IP

I like it very much! Very nice and the colors are gorgeous. I love the detail in the hands I think it's excellent The rings seem symbolic for love of God and between two people (at least to me).

It is inspiring and a good ending to my day.
    Cheryl
    IP

I do have a question for Michael....

You mentioned using noise for makeing the skin a little more realistic, I'm all for that, HOW??? Little tutorial to teach me/us???

As for the background, I added that because she is going to be part of a larger project, it's a combo project between XaraX and PhotoPaint. The main body of the Angel is done in PhotoPaint, as are the wings. Then I Export them as high quality Tiffs, cut out the background, add some feathering for a glow effect and have some "objects" and a background that I created in XaraX.

It's called Mom's Angel because it's been a labor of love for my Mother. She requested I do an angel for her, so I did, just not in the traditional way she's going to expect (a real painting) but this will have to do, I think it's even more spectacular, unlike a painting/painting, if I mess up I can always "undo", not the case on canvas, esp, with aribrush, which I use allot (instantly dried acrylic paint is not very forgiving) so with all my allergies to all that stuff this was a way to fullfill the wish, and has been a wonderful learning process for me, not to mention a little frustrating at times, but all good!!! So there's the little synopsis of how she came to be, why she has such a hideous background and what she will become.

A little bit of additional info on her current state, all the areas come away, are all moveable objects. Something else I learned how to do in this very versatile program. The eyes, the mouth, the hair, the eyebrows are all objects. The reason I did this is that I use the smudge tool to blend to a fine airbrush type look (as you can see) and these areas kept getting in the way and all of a sudden the tool would pull in darker colors from the eye area or the eyebrow area and that got tiring. So I cut out the area carefully and they just floated and I was able to work on them better seperated out. Then to export this picture I just went to the Objects menu and did a Select All then exported it. I didn't know PhotoPaint did objects and now I do!! I'm one happy camper with this ability to litterally move objects out of the way to work on areas underneith!!! WooHOOOOO!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I will post a smaller version when she is all finished, I don't know if it will be appropriate in here, maybe the mixed bag Gallery?? If it's alright in here then I will. Michael??

Thanks again for the nice compliments and tips.

[This message was edited by RAMWolff on April 03, 2002 at 10:07.]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    IP

>"these areas kept getting in the way and all of a sudden the tool would pull in darker colors from the eye area or the eyebrow area and that got tiring."

Hi Richard, If you use the Objects/Channels roll up, lock your objects or make them invisible, then you won't have to move them.

Are you trying to achieve realism or are you doing a painterly kind of Angel?
    IP

Ummm, kinda both. I am really anal about things not looking as good as they can, the realism is a mixed bag in that area. Yes I want it to convey that she's a humanoid, that she looks soft and a bit etherial. Not looking for photo realism though, if that's what your aksing.

Michael had mentioned adding noise to her skin to add some more realism and depth to it, I am all for that but the noise that is supplied with PhotoPaint10 is a good noise tool but I'm not sure what color I should choose, what kind of noise to use for a more natural skin tone, ect... Michael seems to have dissapeared again so if you can give me a pointer that would be great [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thank you

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    IP

till someone more knowledgeable answers. I have been adding noise based on the color wheel. Blues toning down oranges for instance. It seems to give a more natural appearance. Duplicating my object with noise and then using transparency sometimes gives me the look I'm after. I go through the screen modes too. Using a clip mask will give you selective control over the effect.

Anyway just some of the things I do. Thanks for the tip on the object select. It sure beats Shift click.

Cheryl
    IP

I meant lowering the opacity instead of transparency in previous post.
    IP