Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Richard, a couple things, shade in some more shadows, the light appears to be coming from her upper left, fix the shadow under her nose, get rid of most of it, the right side of her neck where her hair hangs would be in shadow, blur the edge of her hair so it appears to be on the side of her neck and not behind it. Carefuly shade the right side of her nose and under her brows to cast a little shadow to the top of her eye lids. The tint tool set very low is my choice for delicate shading, use the eye dropper to select your colors from the shadows you aready have. I'm sure you know this by now but back up your work before you start changing it.

If needed I can supply some references for you to look at.

You are doing a great job on your Angel.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Mike Bailey on April 05, 2002 at 16:58.]
    IP

Oh! one more thing, add a little hi-lite to her hair where her ear would be, ears tend to make the hair go out from the head slightly.
    IP

Thanks for the tips [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] But I like the way she looks at this moment. I was just looking for a way to use the 'noise tool' on her skin tone that Michael suggested.

I can't afford to make her shadowing too subtle Mike, she is going to be printed out pretty smallish, my Mom can't have her printed out the original size, as I would like to present to her, she wants a "small angel", so when she is added to the background I designed in XaraX and all the extras are added in too, well...she looses allot of detail at that size. So the darker shadows add a bit of depth to her. I don't want her to be all lips and eyes at that size.

Now if I were doing her for a portfolio piece and I wanted to print her at the current size, which is even larger than the pic I posted, I would go over it with a fine tooth comb to get her perfect.

I just wanted to add some of that noise that Michael was mentioning. I was thinking a greenish tone, I played with that and that tone looks the best but I'm not completely sure, so if you can help in that area that would be great.

Thanks again.

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    IP

Hi Richard, I use PP7, I don't know anything about later versions, Mask out the area where you want to add noise, Create an object from the mask. Lock all the other objects and the background, You can fill the new object with a color of your choice, for starters use white. Menu-Effects/Noise/Add Noise, set the level density and noise type to your liking and click OK. Menu-Image/adjust/Color Hue to change the color of the noise to green or what ever hue you want, Adjust the transparency/merge mode of the noise object, Experiment and have fun

[This message was edited by Mike Bailey on April 06, 2002 at 17:24.]
    IP

When you have flat colors, gradients, or object looking to much made by a computer, adding 2 to 4 pixels noise, helps. If you observe a picture you will see noises.

Filter/Noise
    Gaussian
    Level 2 to 4

Regards

Michael Cervantes

Note. Sorry, I have been very busy these days.
    IP