Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello everyone! I recently downloaded a trial version of Xara3D and I like the new features. However I cannot open files or import. Whenever I click on the open folder icon or import icon, Xara3D freezes and stops responding. Does anyone else have the same problem? I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and even restarting it and still the same problem.

I had no problems using Xara3D5 trial. I'm using Windows XP SP2. Would appreciate any feedback thanks!

Hello everyone! I recently downloaded a trial version of Xara3D and I like the new features. However I cannot open files or import. Whenever I click on the open folder icon or import icon, Xara3D freezes and stops responding. Does anyone else have the same problem? I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and even restarting it and still the same problem.

I had no problems using Xara3D5 trial. I'm using Windows XP SP2. Would appreciate any feedback thanks!

Hi Glitch,

welcome to talkgraphics. I would make usre you have a good download. The full version is 38,944 KB. I do not know what the size of the trail version is. Although I have heard of no problems downloading that version.

Hi thank you for the reply! I doubt it's the download because it installs fine and I can perform just about all the Xara3D 6 functions. It just freezes when I either "Open an X3D project", "Import", or "Import Design". Other items like "Save As", "Import Style" etc. Work fine. I find the problem quite strange.

Thanks again for the reply!

okay glitch,
    You got me on this one. Can you tell me which file crashes you ssytem when you import/open/import design? Trying to duplicate the fail but mine seems to work just fine. Does it give you an error message or does it just barf all over your screen (blue Screen o Death).

The more info you can provide, the better we can help.

I already fixed it after going to safe mode, running Xara, then getting out of safe mode. (Strange solution) but it works now. Thanks!

Must have been a registry glitch. Microsux is famous for that kinda magic... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

I have the same problem - have tried the suggestion of safe mode - where X3d works fine -have also reinstalled twice without luck and cleaned the registry - the point of hanging is just clicking on open - then nothing happens - just a freeze..have to kill process..

I have the full version of X3D6 and have just installed XP SP2!

Help please - this is urgent!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

Question Re: Problem opening & importing files in Xara3D 6

Same problem here. Installed X3D6, XPSP1. Opening files worked fine for about a week. Now it always freezes when trying one of the following menu's : File-Open, File-Import, File-Import Design or when opening one of the files in the quicklist. Good thing I can still save files and open them directly via the windows explorer (before starting X3d). Tried the safemode-thing, but no succes (it freezes in safe mode too). Only thing I changed around the moment it stopped working was installing all drivers for my new HP5940. So... deinstalled all of it, re-installed Xara3D => no change Pitty, I can't wait to try out the import design option. Hope someone can help.

Default Re: Problem opening & importing files in Xara3D 6

EdeS, hello and welcome,

I've no idea what's causing your problem. This thread is almost a year old, so it's not a very common fault. Usually I'd recommend uninstall / reinstall (with no other programs running) but you seem to have already tried this.

I can only suggest contacting Xara customer support. They're not fastest in the world, but I'm sure they will eventually give you a positive response.

If you have no luck and the problem persists, get back to us.

Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host