Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: faces

In my "lurkings" I have seen mention of how hard fingers and hands can be to do but what about faces? For instance, let's say I want to create my own avitar or animated GIF with my face on it. I can scan a photo of myself but then what?

Can some of you folks shed light on how you would approach this problem?

Thanks.

Paul Hurm

In my "lurkings" I have seen mention of how hard fingers and hands can be to do but what about faces? For instance, let's say I want to create my own avitar or animated GIF with my face on it. I can scan a photo of myself but then what?

Can some of you folks shed light on how you would approach this problem?

Thanks.

Paul Hurm

Paul

It depends on what 'style' you are aiming for. In my own case I needed something simple, not 100% photo realistic, and which works scaled down on a web page. See the topic 'Meet Sidney and Julia'. You can download the files; have a look at the layers.

The advice in this forum seems to be to do a manual trace of the outline and set fills and textures. Then on another layer, place a copy of the trace, remove any outline, make partly transparent - elliptical is a good shape, darken the colour slightly. You may add further smaller shapes with similar settings to add more shading.

Have fun!

www.thelondonhouse.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk