Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

This turned out well and wanted to share it. I've been working on my week 2 assignment and made the mug using a lathe object and made the handle using the loft object. I made the lathe spline in XaraX1 and imported it (thanks guys!). Imported, textured and rendered using the C4D R8.5 XL demo.

The petals.c4d demo file that came with C4D inspired this scene. My scene is a bit darker than petals but I like how it turned out. I built everything up from scratch. The back wall texture is very similar to the wall texture in petals but I did make it on my own. Just wish I could have saved this scene from 8.5.

-T
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ea_week2_assignment_1a_e_JC12.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	19432  

This turned out well and wanted to share it. I've been working on my week 2 assignment and made the mug using a lathe object and made the handle using the loft object. I made the lathe spline in XaraX1 and imported it (thanks guys!). Imported, textured and rendered using the C4D R8.5 XL demo.

The petals.c4d demo file that came with C4D inspired this scene. My scene is a bit darker than petals but I like how it turned out. I built everything up from scratch. The back wall texture is very similar to the wall texture in petals but I did make it on my own. Just wish I could have saved this scene from 8.5.

-T

your right Teknal, this does look good... a tad dark, but the 2d display of this work somewhat makes up for this...

Way to do that homework Teknal

Hi TekNal, I like this image very much. Very artistic lighting and composition. The mug looks very much like some hand made pottery.

Great work.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Excellent job! Love the lighting.

Nice image Teknal.

Tricks: If your lighting renders a little bit off, you can adjust the lighting with Xara.

Overlay a white rectangle, Flat transparency at approx. 80%.

Add additional overlays to tint.