Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I hope I can explain myself clearly & someone could advise:

I have a current website but will soon be moved to another host. I need to create a subdirectory called ‘website’ under the root. The index file will be the root directory so it will be outside of the ‘website’ file. Everything else including the menu built by MM will be in the ‘website’ directory.

I have already tried to test this. However, when I move the menu file in with all the other web files and view the site I cannot see the menu. Does the menu by Xara MM have to be in the root directory to work on all the pages?

It would look something like this:

index.html
    |
    website folder
    |
    yadayada.html
    yadayada2.html
    ect.html
    mm folder
    graphics folder
    ect.. folder

Thanks for any advice~
    Meia

I hope I can explain myself clearly & someone could advise:

I have a current website but will soon be moved to another host. I need to create a subdirectory called ‘website’ under the root. The index file will be the root directory so it will be outside of the ‘website’ file. Everything else including the menu built by MM will be in the ‘website’ directory.

I have already tried to test this. However, when I move the menu file in with all the other web files and view the site I cannot see the menu. Does the menu by Xara MM have to be in the root directory to work on all the pages?

It would look something like this:

index.html
    |
    website folder
    |
    yadayada.html
    yadayada2.html
    ect.html
    mm folder
    graphics folder
    ect.. folder

Thanks for any advice~
    Meia

hi Meia,

You have to midify the call to xaramenu.js and projectname.js to reflect the new path. Inside of projectname.js you might have to modify the calls to the individual buttons or just resave the project in the same type of directory structure in your computer.

projectname.js is whatever you saved the project as... If you saved as buttons1 then the js will be buttons1.js

Yikes, sounds complicated. Basically it is best to keep all the html files with the Menu files?

Right now I have all the html files under root and a folder called menu under that and it works fine. It's when I split the index.html file from the others the menu gets messed.

Thanks for help~
    Meia

The call to the script does not work when you move the html cause it is still looking in the same directory where it came from... dis is easy stuff. You should try to build a page where it pulls in diffrent graphics depending on how big the window is... Dat is code slinging....

Or better yet, totally rebuilding 11 Mb worth of web pages each and every morning... Got it down to under 5 minutes now... That is code slinging...

"dis is easy stuff"...

You are being facetious … right?

It doesn't sound enjoyable.

Meia

When you understand it anything is easy, even greek. On the other had if you are confused and muddled, than it is a pain in the a$$... Belive me, I still get that way. Most of the time it is when the client wants 7 lbs of stuff in a 4lb bag...