Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

We're using Draw 10 on Dell workstations running NT4 and have literally thousands of CorelDraw drawings that we'd like to (relatively) painlessly put into Powerpoint. (97 for now - will be upgrading soon when we migrate to Windows 2K) If anyone else has seen this, is the crash culprit Draw, Powerpoint, or.... ???

Copy/Paste crashes Draw on us - yes we've got the patches installed. I know we can do print screens or export to WMF, EMF, PNG, etc... but has anyone found a better/easier/faster way? I wouldn't be adverse to exporting if I could find a way to do batch conversions. Occasionally on exporting to WMF my image imports into Powerpoint as being blank (even if nothing is outside the page in Draw) - a 2nd export and it imports into Powerpoint fine.

I'm thinking it would be waaaay too cool if there was an "Export to Powerpoint" filter in Draw 11. For us, that alone would be worth the price of admission!

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Would my copy/paste problem possibly clear up if we were to go to Win2K?

I posted this in the newsgroups too - hopefully someone will have an idea... ??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    IP

We're using Draw 10 on Dell workstations running NT4 and have literally thousands of CorelDraw drawings that we'd like to (relatively) painlessly put into Powerpoint. (97 for now - will be upgrading soon when we migrate to Windows 2K) If anyone else has seen this, is the crash culprit Draw, Powerpoint, or.... ???

Copy/Paste crashes Draw on us - yes we've got the patches installed. I know we can do print screens or export to WMF, EMF, PNG, etc... but has anyone found a better/easier/faster way? I wouldn't be adverse to exporting if I could find a way to do batch conversions. Occasionally on exporting to WMF my image imports into Powerpoint as being blank (even if nothing is outside the page in Draw) - a 2nd export and it imports into Powerpoint fine.

I'm thinking it would be waaaay too cool if there was an "Export to Powerpoint" filter in Draw 11. For us, that alone would be worth the price of admission!

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Would my copy/paste problem possibly clear up if we were to go to Win2K?

I posted this in the newsgroups too - hopefully someone will have an idea... ??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    IP

I can't speak about all the issues you mention but I can say switching to W2K has improved my experience with CD tremendously. From what I've read in other NGs many people have found that going to W2k has resolved most of their problems.
    IP

Putting anyting into Powerpoint not created there is dangerous. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] That said, I have had the best luck converting the object to a bit map and importing it that way. I tried eps files and the text ended up completly scrambled. WMFs, MS own file type were even worse. Have you tried to save the DRAW image as an older version and use the MS import filter? I don't have the filter loaded so I have never tried it.

For my presentation for classes this summer, I used CorelPresents in the Word Perfect package and have not had a single problem. Of course no one uses that much. It handles graphics from anywhere!

PKGibson, Trainer
    Certified CorelDRAW
    Instructor
    www.sulfurcreek.com
    PKGibson, Trainer
    Certified CorelDRAW
    Instructor
    www.sulfurcreek.com
    IP