Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Because my (long) thingy on Peachy and Muscgrave drew attention, I think we have a momentum here towards hard, imperical research. Believe me, it's more fun than decyphering heiroglyphics, and eventually a lot of your general questions are answered by putting 2 and 2 together. I read constantly so I can better teach---my last long email was from my reading experience.

1.) Computer Graphics and Advanced Animation, Addison Weseley, The Watts brothers.
    2.)The RenderMan Companion, PIXAR Press, Steve Upstill (very easy to understand!!!!)
    3.)Many, many New riders books on CGI. Some are good, some are so-so. I would leaf through them at the bookstore. BTW, I'm a New Riders author, probably the only one who *isn't* writing high-tech stuff. I and my publisher prefer that I talk to all skill levels, because I'm a strong storyteller and not a super-strong Hollywood 3D kinda guy.

Kindest Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Because my (long) thingy on Peachy and Muscgrave drew attention, I think we have a momentum here towards hard, imperical research. Believe me, it's more fun than decyphering heiroglyphics, and eventually a lot of your general questions are answered by putting 2 and 2 together. I read constantly so I can better teach---my last long email was from my reading experience.

1.) Computer Graphics and Advanced Animation, Addison Weseley, The Watts brothers.
    2.)The RenderMan Companion, PIXAR Press, Steve Upstill (very easy to understand!!!!)
    3.)Many, many New riders books on CGI. Some are good, some are so-so. I would leaf through them at the bookstore. BTW, I'm a New Riders author, probably the only one who *isn't* writing high-tech stuff. I and my publisher prefer that I talk to all skill levels, because I'm a strong storyteller and not a super-strong Hollywood 3D kinda guy.

Kindest Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

You can also find a shipload of stuff at the University of Utah's home site.

Epoch, Switch, it's a trap. Trinity, slip into something tighter...

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

[This message was edited by Gary David Bouton on August 29, 2001 at 11:20.]
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com