Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Newbie

I was planning on purchasing XaraX anyway, before the trial version lapsed, but it sure did help to find this site, 'cause I was starting to wonder how the hell I was going to learn to use it. This looks like a great site! I bookmarked it and went straight to my trial version and clicked on "Purchase Now". I won't be bothering you too much with questions. I'll utilized all your learning resources including posts to this forum from others and leave my questions until I have some intelligent ones. I gather Gary is the owner of the site? Thank you Gary!

I was planning on purchasing XaraX anyway, before the trial version lapsed, but it sure did help to find this site, 'cause I was starting to wonder how the hell I was going to learn to use it. This looks like a great site! I bookmarked it and went straight to my trial version and clicked on "Purchase Now". I won't be bothering you too much with questions. I'll utilized all your learning resources including posts to this forum from others and leave my questions until I have some intelligent ones. I gather Gary is the owner of the site? Thank you Gary!

As soon as you recive your CD from Xara, you will find that it comes with a whole second CD, containing lots of tutorial movies.
    Watch them closely and you will jump from Newbie to Intermediate in an instant.
    If you learned the basics you'll get your creative juices by joining this forum.

However, feel free to ask anything whenever you need help.

Wolfgang

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

You're absolutely right. There are great resources supporting people who want to learn the program. As you can see here, and in the Xara Gallery Forum, the program is incredibly flexible. Whilst there are some graphics professionals who post, a great many of the forum users are relative newbies posting inspiring images too. All in all, I think you'll find these forums friendly, helpful, and inspiring. Your participation is, I know, welcomed by all.

Gary isn't the site owner (Xara Ltd. is responsible for talkgraphics.com - including all the forums for non-xara graphics programs). Gary is probably best described as a Xara evangelist!
    He is an accomplished graphic designer, and journalist. He devotes considerable energy to helping people get the most out of Xara X. His baby is the website www.xaraxone.com. If you haven't visited there yet - do so! It is full of great resources including Gary's easy to follow tutorials.

Regards, Ross Macintosh

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Welcome bcdeb

Nope I don't own the site. I just provide the content.

Welcome to Xara and the XaraXone and please feel free to ask questions if something is not clear.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Wolfgang I thank you for the clarification, for some stupid reason I thought "movie tutorials" meants tutorials about making animations in XaraX. I was aware that the CD would include some.

Ross I came to this forum via XaraXone, and that was the site I was raving about. Gary, it's the content you've provided that I appreciate.

And Ross, thanks for directing me to the Gallery forum - I spent over an hour there and feel a mix of inspiration and dismay. I don't know if I'll ever catch up with you people. But I'll try.

bcdeb,

You'll catch up a lot sooner than you think.

Although I'm a graphic designer by profession, I have never used a vector program for illustrations prior to Xara X. Admittedly, my graphics are humble compared to others in the Gallery, but sometimes it astounds me that I am capable of such illustrations.

You'll find that you can get incredible results with the minimum of time, effort and expertise. That's what I love about Xara X.

Yes I can relate to how different the medium is for you. I've been an artist all my life but this is a whole new ballgame.

Still, IMHO, no one should be allowed to post stuff like Martin Preismann posts to the gallery without being obliged to do a tutorial.

I am SOOOO impressed.