Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Ok Ghi ya talked me into it.

Taking a pencil portrait and painting it is not easy and it was a lot harder than I thought it would be as well.

I am not totally rapt with the skin coloring but I can live with it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plenty-coups.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	10906  
    IP

Ok Ghi ya talked me into it.

Taking a pencil portrait and painting it is not easy and it was a lot harder than I thought it would be as well.

I am not totally rapt with the skin coloring but I can live with it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.
    IP

Stu,

you started with a wonderful black and white poitrait and it still looks wonderful! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] fantastic work.

umm Ghi is travelling today (may 1st) I don't know if or when he'll be able to find the time or an accomodating web browser to drop by and visit us. He said he'd be a few weeks (sigh . . I know). Maybe he'll surprise us [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] and visit sooner.

Keep up the good work,

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Thanks for the compliments Athena.

I put a bit more work into this one,and I played with the coloring and some other bits in PS that I couldnt work out in classic.

Cheers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.

Name:	Plenty_Coupsfinished.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	4493  
    IP

stu

of course it was tough... you're using classic [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

i'm amazed you even made the attempt. what's next stu? a solo sailing trip around the world blindfolded?! you southern hemisphere guys are fearless.

you did a really great job regardless. i'm impressed. working in P6 is far easier since it has layer support. i'm not sure when P7 is going to be available, it's still in beta. possibly the fall. you may want to save up for that upgrade instead of getting P6 now. if you can wait!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

stecyk66
    IP

Hi Ghi.

Good trip I hope?

Ya it was a mission thanks for the kudos too.

I have just parted with an arm and a leg for Cinema 4d art and Bodypaint 3d but I still want Painter 7 as well,but man upgrade time is gonna be evil with all those apps.I suppose I could part with another arm and maybe a leg as well and if I went swimming you could call me Bob [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

How about putting that considerable portraiture skill you have too a serious portrait [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Ive got a better pic of that one above somewhere {dont like the bg in the other one} that I did in Classic and Photoshop,I will dig it out for you.

Cheers.

Stu.
    IP

I am quite pleased with how this image came out.

I am very aware that the face paint is totally inaccurate and dont wish to offend anyone who may have native American blood.

Stu.

Name:	Plenty-coups-copy.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	12933  
    IP